Disagreement on schooling. Opinions please

2»

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Im glad you ladies are understanding my concern. Especially you @babyluv being that your dad is a pastor and @1stwoodsbaby your hubby is a baptist preacher
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lauren will be attending private school.:)
  • Exactly it always hurts me so much when I hear someone say they won't go to church or they don't want anything to do with God cuz someone hurt them. I always try to remind people and myself that God and my relationship with Him shouldn't be based off of someone else's actions or what they say. We are all human and NOT perfect...we were born sinful and our flesh fails a lot. It's about a relationship with God not a religion..even God hates religion...just look at all the times Jesus had issues with the pharisees because of them judging, boasting, and being religious. You can't make others believe in something by judging, yelling, or being hurtful. I wish more people would understand this.
  • You could always home school! ;) lol
  • @wilsomom I would love to actually. I homeschooled my last 2 years of highschool because my stepdad had a terminal illness and I stayed home to care for him while my mom was finishing getting her degree. Unfortunately, hubby and I both work full time and our schedules are crazy. Im not sure I would feel comfortable/confident enough that his education wasnt suffering because of my ability (or inability) to teach. Ive actually considered it though.
  • That's awesome you took care of your step dad. Maybe you could home school in the future. There's also a lot of online public schools that are free, you get a computer & all the curriculum & they have a teacher that can help over the phone or online. Idk if you could do that, but it's another option for you to think about. :)
  • @wilsomom Well, my mom had been working soo hard in school. He was in the hospital for more than a month 3 different times in the same year and my mother stayed with him in the hospital the entire time. She slept in a chair, did hours of homework in his room and only left to go to class. She managed to have perfect attendance and always made the deans list. She worked sooo hard. When he finally got to come home, I didnt want my mom to have to drop out. I decided to homeschool and actually just taught myself. It was a hard couple years. If hubby and I are ever financially stable enough for me to not have to work full time, I would definitely do it. I just know that, with the way things are right now, his education would suffer
  • @babyluv I went to a school sounds like yours and we were taught everything in both sides and both was taught in detail. And my best friend went to a public school literally next door and she was at my school at one point but later get family didn't have the money. And until this day I love the fact that I was in public school and she wishes she could have finished there. From everything we have compared for years overall we agree I got better education, better college future was lined up for me she's still trying to prove herself to colleges. I had the chance to have more one on one help from my teachers and all of the students and that's were close and could talk about anything because it's smaller. She didn't have that once she had to switch. She told me our sports programs and other extra things were better. But that's just our experience with those schools.And I am very thankful to my parents for working so hard to provide that for me. But I think if you and your husband are on the same page then don't let anyone not even his mom tell you guys what to do after all it is your child :)... Good luck and I hope you guys can talk about it without anyones feelings getting hurt.
  • @jules I know there are many advantages to a private school and not a lot of disadvantages, but imo the bad outweigh the good. Not being able to be an individual is a big concern for me. Also, I forgot to mention until I just read what you put that there really isnt any sports at this particular school. I already have my mind made up, and hubby too but he always lets his mom pressure him
  • If you guys know that you want go for it don't let anyone stop you :) she had her chance to raise her kids this is your chance :). And all privet schools are different mine want too strick and we had everything as far as sports. I just got lucky I guess lol