mommas that have little boys

Im really freaking out. My son is already trying to be a little dare devil. How do u handle the first time they need actual help from a doctor/ hospital? I never really got hurt growing up. I did sprain my hand. that was because my brother kicked my hand. My brother got hurt numerous times. Like cutting the tip of his pinky on Christmas eve. Riding his bike with his eyes close then hitting a parked car.

Comments

• Just be calm no matter what...bc if they have to go to the ER they are gonna be stressed enough.

LoL I was a daredevil growing up and had 10 sets if stitches, broke my right are twice.. The most comforting thing was having my dad there and he was so calm!
  • Well that all depends on what it is. Besides the first times I had to take him to the er bc of breathing issues my first time in the er was because he jumped off his crib and hit his head and back pretty hard. Now when he trows a tantrum he throws himself on the floor or bangs his head for fun ask me why I don't know spoiled I guess
  • Even though I was so scared I agree with @ashley_smashley stay calm

Act fast don't think about it if he needs help react.
  • edited July 2012
    Just stay as calm as possible & try to remember it will all be ok after a while. Here I've had numerous broken fingers, hands, wrists, arms, collar bones, & concussions. Not to mention sprains, burns, cuts, stitches, panic attacks, back injuries, road rash, even a motorcycle accident with my 16yo son. Not fun, but in the end it always turns out ok & makes you & them stronger.
  • Oh, & don't be afraid to use 911!
  • P.S. I have 7 boys & 3 girls. :) And a husband, which is just an overgrown boy...lol.
  • @wilsomom you have 10 kids?!? ^:)^
  • Luckily I haven't gotten to that point yet. My son is 2 but seemed to pick up my ocd ness and is very careful. Hopefully it stays that way...he has minor boo boos, but nothing major yet. I also have an eight yr old daughter which calms him some. As I speak tho they are wrestling on my living room floor..ugh!
  • edited July 2012
    I drink. Jk :D
    You just have to stay calm. I've been through one accidental poisoning (my negligent and stupid mother's blood pressure meds), 3 concussions, one sprained knee, a near tongue severing instance (jumping from his dresser to his bed because "I can fly" with his tongue between his teeth. Nearly bit in half), and just recently slathered himself with capsazin (sp?) Which could've ended with severe chemical burns. Smh and that's only my oldest son.
    He is absolutely crazy dare devil...lol..my mil gets mad at me because I don't even usually react unless blood is involved or he cries. She's around him once a yr. I'm around him 24/7
  • @outlaw_sphinx , It's so true, you get so used to it & other ppl are like gasping & wondering why you don't. You reminded me, I also had a poisoning incident once, scary.
  • Well my little man is 12 months old and a big dare devil we had to take him when he was 6 months old the best thing is to not panic, and try to cheer him up
  • That was by far the scariest moment of my life. I lived about 15 min from the hospital and I just threw him in the back of my suv and drove as fast as I could. Left the car running and ran him in.I was calm the entire time...even calling my husband who worked an hour away. I was calm until my husband came in the door and then I lost it @Wilsomom
  • @outlaw_sphinx was he ok? My son drank half a bottle of childen's advil & thank God he was ok. I never buy Tylenol because if it had been the same amount he would be in a coma or dead.
  • @wilsomom. I am getting fixed after 2 just so our baby can have a sister or brother. What kind of car do u have to have? Or do u have to drive 2? Lol
  • edited July 2012
    Oh u all are a lot tougher than I. My boy fell off the bed and I cried harder then he did. I am sissy
  • @char - my 2 oldest are moved out. I only have a mini van so if we all go somewhere at the same time (rare) we take 2 cars. My oldest at home drives so that helps. :)
  • My son runs into everything just yesterday i called poison control!! He drank a bottle of hand santizier. o_O
  • @wilsomom I was wondering. I recently met someone who had a large family and they were looking for a car they could fit and had good mpg.
    My lo just started really crawling yesterday. Holy crap he was trying to stand up using the tv stand. I think my life is going to get much more interesting.
  • @Wilsomom he had his stomach pumped and no damage that they could tell. He has had some problems with speech...more along the lines of getting him to talk. But, doc isn't sure if it has anything to do with the BP meds since he had been an almost silent baby. The kid never even babbled.
  • my little boy is now 13months! he is a real dare devil! he has already broken his arm and we had to take him to hospital! it was the worst experience of my life!! hes so naughty he has no fear and doesnt listen when i tell him no! he just laughs and does it anyway! as bad as it sounds now i let him do it realise he will hurt himself and hope he doesnt do it again. it doesnt always work tho!!