preterm labor mucus plug help? *update*

edited July 2012 in Pregnant
I think I just lost my mucus plug it was a big ol blob of mucus tinged with blood. I've heard different stories about it regenerates it doesn't so I'm not exactly sure. I'm not experiencing cramps. Should I go to the er?

Comments

• How far along are you ? I would say at least call your dr that's on call & they will know what else to ask you. I never lost mine like that so idk, sorry!
  • 21weeks for some reason my doctors line doesn't go through to the on call dr. That's y I came on here I don't know if it starts working until 9 ??
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Homebirthadvocate it was red. I don't feel any contractions is it something I should be concerned about???
  • I would give your doc a call to be safe. Mucous plugs really don't indicate a thing. I am slightly concerned because of the red blood. It could indicate that cervical changes are occurring. Try not to worry!
  • @captivated the line still doesn't go to the on call dr I keep calling. I hope its nothing thank u
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Call labor and delivery
  • Yeah, call the hospital, let us know.
  • Have you called yet?
  • Hope ur ok
  • Hope everything is okay!!
  • edited July 2012
    Finally got through to the stupid on call doc I told him what happened and he said it might have been part of the mucus plug. If I feel contractions or any pain to go to lnd. I don't feel and baby is moving just fine. He said to go in monday for a cervix check but if I feel uneasy in anyway tonight or his weekendhead to lnd.
  • Thanks for the update. Glad you aren't feeling any pains and LO is still active!
  • @1stwoodsbaby no problem I'm starting to get a little crampy so I'm still waiting it out thanks hun
  • Get straight to l&d right now! My high risk doctor says any sign of blood to go straight in. Keep us posted...
  • Before you had cramping I wasn't too worried but now that you say that you are getting cramps it's little weird from every I know. I'm not sure how long you have had the cramping or if it's getting worst but if it is call the on call doc back let him know and if they still say wait until Monday then ask what signs you should look for before going to hospital to get checked out. Good luck and keep updating.
  • You should go to l&d if you seen bright red blood, and feel crampy now.
  • I just talked to her ladies....she is going to the hospital.
  • @babynewyear2012 Ah thank you for letting us know! Crossing fingers for good news!
  • I hope everything is ok!
  • @SalasMommy I hope everything is okay hun! fingers crossed for you update when you can %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%-
  • Hope everything is ok! Please update when you can
  • Hope everything is fine!
  • Good luck hun!
  • How is everything?
  • @salasmommy has ask me to let you ladies know that she spent the night in the hospital last night. She was dilated a finger tip but cervix did not change anymore last night. She is now on bed rest until her appointment on Monday. She has not had any more bleeding so far. Her internet is acting up but if i hear anything else i will update.
  • I'm glad she went in, I hope everything goes well. Thanks for the update!
  • Thank you for the update!!