cali

Does anyone know of good areas in Cali to raise kids?

Comments

• I agree with @bexiewexie I live in vacaville which is 30 minutes from sacramento and I love it:) its a real pretty area too
  • I'm in Stockton but I wouldn't say come here. Tracy or Elk Grove is good and cheap too
  • Tracy is ok.... Good commute distance since its the 'triangle' in the middle of big cities. Suburbs of Sac is doable too. We lived in Carmichael and it was pretty decent. Check the police logs compared to the decent school boundries. We based our house search on the schools we wanted our daughter to attend.

Though it is kinda hard for me to say anywhere is 'good' and I was glad to get outta Cali all together.. (Sorry all Its just not for me there. After traveling the US and other countries I needed something way different)
  • Iv alway wanted to live in cali. But I dont think I have enough balls to move away from family lol.
  • Well I live in Portland Oregon and all my family wants to move to Cali which most are from there. I just don't want violence Where I'm scared to go to the park.

• Yep I agree with @bexiewexie
  • I'm in so cal.. riverside county. I Use to live in Sandiego best place ever
  • edited July 2012
    @ynvtish-definitely not Stktn...lol we plan on renting out our house in a couple years and move to manteca/tracy area.
  • I lived in Roseville and I loved it! Now we live in Sacramento and I like it but Roseville is way nicer.
  • How much does a 4bdrm rent for That's not an apartment?
  • edited July 2012
    We had a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment in rsvl that was $1050.00 a month. It was really nice and all updated with granite counter tops and hardwood floors. Now we are renting an older, but still nice 4 bed 2.5 bath house near the river, with a pool in sac for $1200.00 a month. It all depends on the area you're in.
  • I live in piedmont ca I think lol! I think the school district is good!
  • I live in South Sac, basically right by Elk Grove and it's really nice. I wouldn't have bought a house here if it was a dump. Northern Cali is like any other place though. Bad areas are everywhere, just have to do your research. :) But the Elk Grove school district is one of the best up here.
  • Piedmont is good but expensive
  • I'm doing private school thgh n yes @jess510 it's very expensive n our house is huge!
  • Yea I'm thinking Sacramento area. My oldest is in middle school so I definitely need to research schools
  • we are in temecula CA it's really nice there are lots of families around like people are very set on having it safe for children. We were both raised here and are raising our daughter here so far so good but is super nice area were we are.
  • Nowhere lol
  • I'm in San Diego and I love it!!! Expensive but nice...