Help! Brown bloody discharge??

edited July 2012 in Third Trimester
Tmi.. I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped on the toilet paper it was brown pink stringy sticky stuff! I'm only 32 weeks. What should I do??

Comments

• Prolly ur mucus plug but call ur doc
  • It was like the size of a nickel probably.. And I have went to the bathroom a couple times and there has been nothing.. Should I call l&d and see what they say? I am sick to my stomach now :(
  • sounds like a mucus plug to me. u can lose parts of it for the last few weeks before ur due
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Like HBA said, no worries. Docs don't care and aren't concerned in the least in regards to mucous plugs because they don't really indicate a thing. Call your doc if you need to ease your mind.
  • Thanks everyone. I was freaked out last night. I have not had any other discharge since. So I am just gonna keep an eye on it!
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was brown again! Not alot.. Less than before. How big is your mucus plug? Will I know if I lose it all.. Is it bad to lose it this early?
  • Your mucous plug is so large that it will fill a measuring cup or two :0&
  • Brown is old blood :-) I hope you are feeling better today! Keep us posted :-)
  • Sooo I am pretty sure I keep losing pieces of my mucus plug. The last few days I have been having really sticky globs tmi when I wipe.. Dark yellow in color. And yesterday when i went to the bathroom in the toilet it looked like a 50 cent size glob of tissue. So i pulled it out of the toilet and it was sticky mucus stuff.. I also have been getting a lot of Braxton hicks and random period like cramps. :/ not sure if this is normal or what.

@homebirthadvocate @captivated
  • Hmm. What is your doctor saying?
  • I haven't talked to my dr.. She has been on vacation. I think she got back today but it's too late to call my dr office. I just called labor and delivery where I am giving birth and she told me as long as it's not bright red blood or if I'm not having regular contractions I shouldn't worry. I have been having a lot of Braxton hicks I think they are Braxton hicks. I am pretty uncomfortable but I don't know if this is normal pregnancy uncomfortable. I wish i knew what I was suppose to feel! I googled what your mucus plug looks like and I have definitely been losing pieces of it for the last week. @captivatied
  • I wouldn't worry a whole bunch about your plug. I never lost mine and I still had my son early. Never had any indication. As long as you aren't having regular contractions that are getting closer together, you're probably just having BH. And some BH CAN be really uncomfortable. When I had my son, contractions to me felt like really bad poo cramps...and I had them really low in my belly as well as my back. If that helps you tell which is which. :) But if something ever doesn't feel right, don't feel bad about going to L&D to get monitored and see if they can check your cervix to make sure you aren't dilating. No one is going to think you're silly for being safe. :)
  • @RTMommy omg sometimes that happens! It feels like a sharp cramp in
    my lower back butt area. Like poop cramp. That doesn't happen alot or regularly. But I have been getting a ton of bh. I have been to l&d twice since I have been pregnant being overly worried. I don't wanna go in unless I really need to :/

@homebirthadvocate yeah it is getting warmer here. I am always hot. Sometimes I feel like I have to pee really bad and there is pressure down low and I'll go to the bathroom and nothing comes out! My due date is Sept 18th. I am gonna try and get ahold of my dr tomorrow.

• I've been loosing some of my plug as well, and feeling crampy. I hate it! I just want this baby out already lol
  • You've been twice?? LOL, girl...I went to L&D probably 10 times! ;)
  • I never really lost my plug, I had my bloody show when the doctor checked me for dilation at my last apt. Also I was ftm and had no clue what a contraction felt like, but mine felt like tons and tons of pressure and i would feel my belly get really hard. I thought it was just her taking her feet or butt and pushing out as far as she could cause she was cramped..nope, it was a real contraction. I felt one really hard contraction and it was the worst thing I have ever felt it was like a period cramp only 100x worse! But I was already 5cm when I felt that one. The rest just felt like the pressure.