poll: who's water broke on its own vs. doctor breaking it

Comments

• Oh yeah, I agree! I meant before labor starts. Like the website said, we have that image of "hey! Water broke! Grab the bags and let's go!" @homebirthadvocate
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My membranes broke, but no water. My nurse and Dr looked for signs of my waters and were confused.
  • I think I was around 2-3cm. I was induced and it broke before they started pitocin. I had just sat down after walking the halls. I wasn't dilated at all before going to the hospital.
  • Mine broke on its own. I was 5cm dilated.
  • edited August 2012
    @BabyComingSoon143 Mine never broke at all my doctor try to induced but i never dilated so i finish with a c section :/
  • No nothing went wrong. This time I just want it to happen on it's own since I'm going to a birthing center. I'm also requesting no cervical checks!
  • @captivated i forgot to tag u sorry
  • Dr both times
  • Ahh yes I agree! @homebirthadvocare
    Doctors rush everything now, which is why I wonder if that ten percent is because of it.
  • I was induced at 36w 6d due to severe Pre E. Doctor broke my water after the cervadil had worked some to help my labor. I actually didn't even end up having to have pitocin until after they gave me a shot to slow down my contractions when they were coming right on top of one another and dropping my sons heart rate.
  • Mine broke by itself at hospital 38 weeks 1 day
  • Dr broke mine at 41 weeks
  • Dr@ 41 weeks
  • Doctor broke mine all 3 times
  • I went to the hospital after about six hours. When I got there my labor stopped but since my water broke I had to stay.they gave me pitocin and I had him twelve hours later.
  • Mine was on its own at 39 weeks I was at home... I noticed at least with my friends that if it doesn't break on its own the first time then it doesn't from then on and the other way around but everyone is different.. Just stay active :)
  • my dr broke mine at 39 wks
  • Mine broke on its own at 3:45am. When i got to the hospital 30 mins later i was at 7cm. They had the balls to tell me i did the hard part at home lol. I didnt feel my first contraction until 10 mins after my water broke. I thought i was just peeing myself. Lmao
  • Mine broke when I was 5 days overdue. But I was already at the hospital prepping for a csection
  • Dr with first. Scheduled c section with second
  • Mine broke at home 1 week before my due date
  • The one that broke on its own felt like a water balloon.. (and I actually mean the feeling like when you hold a water balloon in your hand when it pops!! Lol) I went to the hospital right away ( 45 min away) but was not dialated at all (maybe 1 or 2)...
  • My first two the doctor broke at 40 weeks and 38 weeks. My third broke on it's own at home, dilated 3cm. My fourth broke on it's own at home, dilated 4cm. Both were literally gushes. With my fourth, labor started right away, contractions pushed baby's head and acted like a plug.
  • Doctor broke 4 and my 5th it broke on it's own at 38 weeks
  • edited August 2012
    I pray mine breaks or I just get major contractions soon! Due date is Monday :-)
  • Mine did with all 4 babies :-) Whether later in labor or early on, never had a doc break it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I started leaking lol.. it slowly came out. So i guess it broke on its own. It was last summer & my shorts kept getting drenched & i thought wth is going on?! I can't be that sweaty! Lol so i went into L&D & delivered my baby the following morning :)