Can't get comfortable or sleep! advice please :-)

edited January 2011 in Health
I'm 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant, due on August 20th.

I'm waking every half an hour at night and can't seem to get comfortable, if i lay on my left side, i wake up half an hour later numb from my shoulder to my foot, same if i lay on my right side... i can't lay on my back cuz it makes me feel like i wanna throw up, and i can't lay on my stomach as it's really uncomfortable and also makes me wanna throw up. Help! Any ideas what the constant numbness could be and how i can sleep better? when i turn over i get pins and needles on the side i was lay on, but the sleepless nights are taking its toll on me and i'm becoming very ratty and tired all the time, this is my 4th pregnancy but 3rd successful pregnancy so far... suffered from low iron in all of my pregnancies, but i don't think that would be causing the numbness?? i was also tested for pre-eclampsia in my 2nd pregnancy which came back negative, and was found to have GroupB strep in my 1st and 2nd pregnancy and SPD in my 2nd pregnancy...

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Lots of pillows was the best thing that happened to me I'm 24 weeks and I just use all my pillows to get comfortable but trust me as ur pregnancy goes on u will be more tried and able to sleep easier ur problem will then be getting up congrates and good luck
  • edited January 2011
    @Mommy2_Armani i hope the tiredness comes quick, cuz i'm finding it hard to cope with my 2 children and being pregnant when i can barely keep my eyes open, i have no energy or motivation, i also suffer from blackouts which doesn't help...
    and i will agree to the problem being getting up after baby is born lol, that's the husbands job! he did all the night feeds with our other 2...
    as for the lots of pillows, where would be the best place to put them? actually under my shoulder, waist, legs? or what?

thanks again x
  • I ordered a dream genie pillow wich helps me sleep on my side. My hands and arms used to tingle at night but I found a away not to cut of my circulation off I put my handsunder my pillow. You could take a bath at night and then stretch ur arms and legs before u lay down and don't sleep on ur arms and hands.
  • One between my legs and one right behind my back and one under my head works for me I think the pillows give me support and I don't toss and turn so much so I just stay asleep and that's why I think it works 4 me
  • I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I had the same problem. My hips & legs get sore and numb so I use lotsss of pillows to prop myself up at night, especially since lying flat on my side starts up the heartburn.
  • Preggo pillow is a god send to any pregnant woman.... they are $$$ but they are well worth it.... plus my mid wife with the first child told me a half glass a wine helps too when you really need it.... I had a half a glass every other week when I felt like I was about to crash
  • thanks for the advice girls x