10 weeks pregnant no heartbeat? ?

edited January 2011 in First Trimester
Went to the doctors Monday first doc appt. Tryed listing to the heartbeat but couldn't find it?

Comments

• They will probably do an ultrasound.... have you had a blood test to say you are pregnant
  • Yes they have I have an ultrasound on the 2 of February. Doctor told me not to worry until I'm 12 weeks if we can't find heart beat.. but with my son we heard his heartbeat when I was 8 weeks..
  • Just depends on where the baby is.... they are so small right now and if they are towards the back of the uterus it is hard to pick up.... so yep I agree.... no need to worry....
  • Yeah she said it could be to small or hiding behind my pelvis bone.. the same thing happened to my cousin she went in for a Sono and there was no baby just a empty sack
  • I hope I'm okay tho really they say u can't hear the heartbeat until 12 weeks.. so I'm not to worried until I'm told other wise
  • False pregnancy.... can happen.... and very common.... I hope that is not your case though
  • I'm pregnant with my 5th baby and for this baby i didn't get to hear this baby's heart till 14weeks. At 10 weeks we couldn't hear the heart & my doctor just said baby is active & more towards my back & being still so small makes them sometimes harder to hear. Just be patient, you'll hear it soon. I'm now 16weeks.
  • See!
    Nothin to worry about....^.^
  • With my first I didn't hear until 13 weeks. I remember leaving the office in tears because I wanted that reassurance that everything was okay. good luck and let us know how it turns out...
    Fyi the doppler at walmart actially works well
  • Don't buy Doppler your hearing your heart beat don't worry about hearing yourbabies heart beat they're so small hard to hear now
  • edited January 2011
    Good luck, i'm sure everything is fine! Think positive ;-) x
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Try not to worry, like everyone else says its hard to hear at first. And good luck on the 2nd thats my first ultra sound too :)