I'm thinking about starting bc, is this too soon.....

edited August 2012 in Pregnant
My daughter is 3weeks and 2days old.

What you ladies think?

Comments

• I would wait for your 6 week check up esp if you are bf since some bc can mess with your supply and there are only certain ones you can take because of having hormones in them.
  • My doctor had me start mine at 2 weeks pp so it depends on the type.
  • I got implanon and I had to wait till my 6 week visit cause I'm breast feeding and they want you to build a supply before introducing the hormones of the bc
  • I was told I could do it 4-6 wks PP just ask your Dr.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks ladies ...
  • My old midwife said I could get on BC after 4 weeks pp, but that was for the Paraguard IUD..so it's non hormonal. I definitely wouldn't do the hormonal kind so early as it can completely screw up your supply, and since your hormones are still out of whack..you probably will feel funny taking them.
  • edited August 2012
    What about the Depo?? For some reason that is the only bc that seemed to work fine with me. Do you anything about that and new moms? @Ericak22

@homebirthadvocate
    Or anyone else
  • I lost my supply on mini pill. We were bf great and i started the mini pill and my supply dropped by like half. We only made it to a month and a half ebf. We couldn't get my supply up so we started using formula. She was getting like half bm and half formula until 5months when she was barely getting anything out of me. We ended up switching to just formula. But now my lo is 10months and om still producing a small amount of milk still? But the mini pill was supposed to be okay.

@homebirthadvocate
  • I had a choice of the mini pill or depo since i was trying to ebf
  • @Stephen_due_101611 I'm having the same problem ..
  • I don't know anything about the depo shot, but if your serious about breastfeeding, I wouldn't risk getting it. Last year after I have birth, I was told I could only take the mini pill or the non hormonal IUD. Maybe look into get the Paraguard IUD? it's covered by medicaid, and can be taken out at anytime, and won't mess with your supply.
  • Its Steph not Stephen
  • That was auto spell.correct I'm sorry @steph_due_101611 I needed to pay a Lil more attention... Slow me :)
  • I went in for my 6 week check up at 3weeks pp lol and got the mini pill because I was bfing. I wanted on it as soon as poss because I was sexually active at 17 days pp
  • I also lost my supply with getting on mini pill. If u want to bf I would say try to just use condoms or something I really wish I didn't get my the pill I only made it to 4months bfing and that was only because I had a big freezer supply thank goodness.
  • I waited till my 6 week check up and got the mini pill and haven't had any supply issues. I was over producing so I was leveling out by then. My daughter is now 9 months and still bf. So no offense to the other ladies but not all women lose their supply on the mini pill. Just wanted to tell you my story while on the pill since a lot of others said they lost their supply.
  • I'm waiting until my 6 week but my friend got her depo shot while in the hospital after delivery
  • @preggointx oh wow I'm sure that was too early..
  • I got the implanon 4 weeks pp
  • They said it want cuz she was not bfing
  • Oh interesting..
  • At my 6 week check up they gave me the mini pill and told me it wouldn't affect my supply...but I kept hearing it does so I never took it lol. I'm not on anything... But he always pulls out lol
  • dont put allyour trust into the pull outs unless your trying for a #4 ;-)