hes hurting me!!!!!!

I bf and my son bites me all the time I tell him no or even yell he stop for a min but does it still I can't take it much longer he's berly 10 months can't wait till he's 1 I could switch already help what can I do BTW he dnt like bottles and as for he's cup well I gave up hope when I tryed it once with breast milk n it he didn't want it

Comments

• Bite him back
  • how long do you remove him from your breast when he does that? maybe give him a timeout - tell him no, and then don't nurse him for 10 minutes. be consistant! do it every time he bites you. eventually he'll realize the consequences.
  • I agree with @waasae ... Whatever you do dont yell ouch because he'll see that's he's getting a reaction out of you when he does it and it becomes a game.

Trust me I know this mess kills. I always knew when she was about to do it because she would nurse then suddenly stop and position herself to be able to see my face and then bite down and giggle. When I told her no and took her off the breast she would cry and try and get back on. About 10 mins of doing this she learned.

Ahe still tried it about 5 more times then stopped.
  • Also when he's done BF take him off the breast.. they only seem to do it after they're full and playing
  • @excitedtobe Wow really?? That's a horrible suggestion.
  • edited August 2012
    I need to try this tIme out thing out because my daughters been doing it too lately...I just know ive heard that the one thing u should not do is bite them back ever.
  • Ha ha to each their own
  • I'm sorry but I'm confused? Are you guys kidding about the bite back thing? @expressive. Sorry I just don't want to state my opinion just in case you're just kidding. But of not I agree with @myheartzx3 and @starxoxo I mean his a baby I don't think they can understand the whole idea of due to others as u would have them due to you. I would never do that to anyone in general and the thought to do it to a baby makes, me really sad actually. But the idea of removing the baby for minute makes sense that way he understand oh when I do that milk doesn't get in my tummy :)....
  • Ty ladies im gonna try this
  • @jules I think if I remember correctly if u bite the baby back when they bite u they will think u are playing and keep doing or think its like a game.
  • @myheartzx3 well I would assume so plus I could never hurt my daughter. Soo that idea wasn't a joke? I thought she was kidding.
  • I stop nursing and turn away from him I tell him he hurt me. If he won't let go I push his face into my breast because it makes them unable to breathe he lets go and I say no biting mamma. If I pull back and he is biting me it hurts way worse or you could try plugging his nose until he let's go. It only takes a second for them to let go. It works for us. Also if teething try giving him a teething toy instead
  • My lo hasn't bitten yet but she likes to pinch me while she nurses. The first time she does it I say ouch, the second time j unlatch her and if there is a third I stop nursing altogether and set her on the floor and tell her she can't do that and it hurts mommy, I also say that when I unlatch her the second time.

On the biting back situation..my brother was a biter when he was like 2 or 3 he would bite all the time, one time he bite me in the middle of my back cause he didnt go down the slide first..anyways my mom had tried everything so that time she bite him back, not hard but enough to get the point across that it hurts and he never bit again. Nos I don't agree with doing it but just wanted to share my story also he was old enough to know better to not to do it, not a little baby.