Hot Momma Pregly Weigt Loss Movement

So many of us Preglies have united on

www.MyFitnessPal.com
or
MyFitnessPal Android App.

Our mission is to drop weight while making a healthy life style change for ourselves and our families.

Join us... Start becoming more mindful of your calorie intake, learn nutrional tips, share great recipes and get the support you need to drop weight.

Join the site and add me... "LeticiaHuggins" and I'll link you with the other preglies.

There's NO excuse... Those of us dropping weight or just becoming more healthy are....

Stay At Home Moms
Working Moms
Breastfeeding Mons
Fit Moms
PHAT Moms
And trying to get pregnant to be a Mom.

If you fit in one of these categories and want to be more healthy... Join us

Yes... Pregnant moms too! You may not need to drop weight but eating healthy and working out will help your pregnancy and delivery... @Mijita advises no calorie counting when pregnant tho ;-)

You'll be amazed.. Many of us drop 1 pounds to 2 a day to every other day.

After just 1 to 2 week of doing this.. imagine the weight loss..

YOU DO THE MATH.
:O

Comments

• Sigh...I probably should get on this train...but I have tried so much in the past and never had success..it's so frustrating!
  • @ashley_smashley; :/

I say this with a very kind heart.

Your first mistake is having that mentality. Negativity roots itself in your subconscious and overpowers your conscious will.

May I ask why you think it's so impossible?
  • Your completely right..I am just feeling so defeated! @mijita I just havnt ever been able to loose..I mean I will loose a couple pounds..but that's it. Even when I was doing a work out boot camp every day with an instructor who made me keep a food journal..I STILL only lost 5lbs...even my measurements never changed! I quit after 3 months...
  • @ashley_smashley; are you mildly overweight? Inbox me if you prefer.
  • @claudia25 ... Pregnant moms need to eat healthy. Also working out will better your delivery.

Let me add you guys to the list too. LOL
  • @ashley_smashely ... All I ask is to create a profile and let "US" help motivate you.

• Am going to add you I got the app but never used it I think its time
  • @claudia25; You should never calorie restrict while pregnant, instead you should gradually increase your caloric need from about 300 calories during the first two trimesters to about 500 during the last.

Refrain from using the adage, ”when pregnant you should eat for two.” Instead eat small frequent meals to help alleviate the peaks and valley's of hunger and plasma sugar attributed to gestational diabetes.

Focus on wholesome foods, fruits and veggies and avoiding processed foods and simple carbohydrates.
  • You can add me my sn is corinnanicole
  • im joining now! :)
  • I added you
  • I've just joined
  • I love that app!
    @corinnanicole-I sent you a request:)
  • I joined, my user name is pineapple07 (go figure lol) I hope this really helps me. My biggest issue is motivation, and a negative attitude. I hope you ladies can help give me the kick in the butt I need.
  • My username is flabulesslulu if anybody wants to add me. Xx
  • can u add me please my user name is yeseniadiaz59
  • Can I get this app on a iPhone?
  • Yep.. @i_believe .. they posted it on the site today about being able to access it on IPhone
  • I am Hupe24

If anybody wants to add me
  • So if i loose calories do I have to eat more to make up for the ones i have lost???? Im so confused... lol
  • Your daily allowance is what you need to eat but if you burn calories through exercise you need to replace at least some of those with more food. say for example my daily allowance is 1200 but i also do 500 cals worth of exercise, i can then eat those as well. what i usually do is eat half my exercise cals, so if i burn 500, il eat 250. @hupe23_1
  • No! As long as you are meeting your daily nutritional requirement, you do not need to compensate for the ones burned during physical activity.

The concept to weight loss is calories in versus calories out. It takes 3500 calories in excess to gain 1 pound, and vise versa. For example...

Lets say your daily caloric need (BMR) was 1300 calories/day. You consume those calories, but also incorporate physical activity (PA) burning 500 calories. If you do this daily by then end of the week you would have lost 1 lb.

1300 (BMR) - 500 (PA) = 3500 calories banked

Keep in mind that our bodies are more efficient when given adequate nutrition, hydration and exercise and each individual is unique in their efficient manner. Those with more lean muscle mass will lose quicker than those with less and those who are heavier will lose faster than those who are thinner.

Does this make sense? Have I answered your question?
  • @mijita, that is helpful! Ive always been told to replace half my exercise cals, which i struggle with mentally as it seems to defeat the object! Im really glad you just said that, as on MFP it always adds my exercise cals to my allowance, so now i know i dont have to replace them im just gonna ignore those!
  • Yes thank you i really didnt want to eat more it was hard to eat as much as i did yesterday but i made my required amount of calories. I went a little over but it came out even when i added my walk it
  • edited September 2012
    @JoshnEviesmum; A long as you are consuming the bare minimum of your needs (i.e. 1200) and not skimping. Going under your need actually slows weight loss and you chance losing muscle, rather than fat.Which is bad, since muscle burns more calories at rest than fat does. This is why they encourage weight resistance to build lean muscle mass, as it revs your metabolism. Plus, lean muscle mass is more dense than fat and you'll look slimmer.
  • Yep, im now at 1200 a day, have worked down from 1800 to 1200 but have had a day or two where ive gone under, but i tend to compensate for those throughout the week. is that ok? @mijita
  • @mijita I have a question, and I hope I don't sound trite but I'm genuinely curious lol. I always wondered how "starvation mode" works since girls that really restrict calories (ie: anorexia), get super thin. Trust me, I love food too much to ever consider that lol but I just always wondered how that works.
  • I was doing it but I almost fainted so my husband tools me I was doing it wrong. I was eating 1500 a day but I'm also only breastfeeding. can that be why???
    How many calories are you suppose to eat while breastfeeding?