$1,000 a month?!

For daycare?? WTF?!?!?!? I cannot believe it...

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's why I'm not working these days. It's ridiculous. I would be working only to pay day care. So not worth it.
  • We pay 1075 a month. When I worked at a Goddard school the infant room was 1350 a month. That is INSANE!!!
  • Around here its more like $1500 but I found a women who has a day care in her home and is only $30 a day for the 1 or 2 days a week my mil can't babysit its much better then full time daycare
  • Ouch! Thank goodness forcan able grandparent here!
  • At my work it's 180 per week for infants, 163 for toddlers, and 150 for preschool and school age! I pay 1/2 price since I work there. So $90.
  • I just don't know what we are gonna do :( This is so stressful, makes me second think having another child...we have childcare assistance through the state but I know I will not qualify! :(
  • People are to money hungry its just crazy. There would be no reason for a daycare to be that expensive even if a celebrity worked there..
  • @homebirthadvocate Unless they are family or a close friend, leaving my baby with a single person in my home or their home really scares me, unfortunately I don't feel its an option for me. :(
  • $100 a week is what we were paying our babysitter, but she got a full time job now.
  • The best one that I think its the best daycare where I love is $650 a month...and I thought that was a lot lol
  • Ouch! My coworkworker was just telling me the other day she pays $300 a week. That's way too much. I'm so sorry friend:( I really hope you find a place that you trust and that's reasonable.
  • $1650 by me...we should start a business!
  • :O :O :O :O
    We pay $350 A MONTH! :p
    Must depend on where you live. Oh rural Minnesota how I love you more & more :p
  • Makenzie's daycare is $300 a week ($1200 a month) I get help from the state to pay for day care though and because I work there I get a discount on that too and I was paying $66 a week. It is way to much to bring a baby to daycare. Sucks
  • I pay 85 a week @ a licensed daycare run from the providers home. drop off early & pick up late because i need all the hours i can get since i make minimum wage &live in ga where traffic sucks.
  • This is why I do licensed home daycare. I pay 135/wl for one kid when a center is around 200/week.
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah @Mama_Kat but 1,000 seriously theres places cheaper that can do a better job im sure..
  • edited September 2012
    Maybe if your a millionaire you can bring a kid there, prices of daycares are just insane..
  • This is why I stay home and plan on it until she's older so not worth not being with my daughter and paying someone else to spend time with her. Plus with the job I had everything would have gone to day care.
  • @Mama_Kat Gotta be greatful when you have family members that can watch the kids then huh....after seeing this kinda stuff...just basic living is a tight rope these days.. :-((
  • Wow...that's cheaper than what it is around here. Its $1500 for just 1 kid here, and I have a toddler and a newborn. There's no way we could afford it! Even the licensed homecare places are outrageous here! The fees you have to pay doesn't even include snacks or anything..gotta pack that yourself!
  • I am paying about $400 a week in care for the kids and then mortgage is $650 roughly a week on top of that before any other bills are factored in. So yeah most of my pay is gone just there alone which sucks lol.
  • Crazy. Yup here in Hawaii daycare for infants are those prices n even higher. I'm glad I'm able to stay home because if I did work I'd be paying all my money to daycare lol...my bf is Hawaiian and they give scholarships to "native hawaiian children" where they help u pay based on ur income but they don't do that til the age of 3
  • @baileygoose where in mn ate you from?

My sil pays 325 a week for twins, and my cousin was going to have to pay that same amount got only one baby!.it definitely depends where you are located! If your in the "cities" it will be much more expensive!
  • It's ridiculous! I worked in a daycare over here in the UK. Parents pay roughly around £500 a month for my nursery which was an excellent one - we were top rated by Ofsted who are the regulators over here. But when I went back to work after having Leo, I was paying more for two days care than I was earning for working those two days in the same nursery! Luckily I'm in a place where after having Riley I have been able to become a SAHM but it really wasnt worth going back anyway!