Nervous - appointment tomorrow UPDATE IN COMMENTS

edited September 2012 in Babies Health
Tomorrow is Riley's first appointment at Great Ormond Street with his new doctor regarding his hydronephrosis. He has to have another ultrasound first, then we are meeting with the doctor to see where we go from here! I'm quite nervous, luckily Stu has got the day off but is in unpaid which isn't great for us this month. Prayers that we get a diagnosis and good news this time please ladies! X

Comments

• Prayers :X

GL
  • edited September 2012
    Thank-you hun @myHEARTZx3 x
  • Ah good luck Nat, will be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes. xx
  • Thanks hun. Up already I cant get back to sleep cuz I am just worrying about it. Hope you are doing well. How is your mum? @JoshnEviesmum x
  • Ah shes not in a good way at all. found another tumor on her right lung, she was admitted to a hospital up near my sisters in hertfordshire last night so ive gotta go up today but it isnt looking good. @littlenat86
  • Good luck nat xxxx
  • Good luck ! :-)
  • @JoshnEviesmum I'm so sorry hun what awful news :-( take care sweetie, I'm thinking of you x

Thanks ladies @SamiUK and @Aubreysmommy we are on the train now, wont be long till we are in the big bad city! Riley is soundo! X
  • How did it go?

@joshnEviesmum sorry to hear about your mum :( my mam as lung, kidney & liver cancer with a short life expectancy message me if you need to talk xxx
  • edited September 2012
    Still here. Had scan and waiting to see the doctor. He is 10.1kg and 75.5cm long x @SamiUK
  • Hope everything goes good I know what ur going thru my son has the same thing just had surgery to fix one side but as scary as it is it will all be fine
  • Lil chunky now then :) everything crossed for you huni xxx
  • I hope everything turns out good
  • @Mackenzies_mama2010 how is he doing.now hun? Been told there is a 20% chance of surgery at the moment, it look like a blockage in the ureters between kidneys and bladder

Thanks @jazzie

Yes little chunk, thanks hun xx @SamiUK

All went well with the doctor she is fab! Explained exactly what is going on, most likely scenario is a blockage and there is a 20% of him needing surgery at the moment. Back in Nov for a repeat of a test he has already had to rule one more thing out before its decided what to do. Saw the pictures too! Doctor said the size was 'impressive' oh my goodness they are huge! You shouldn't barely see them in a scan but they looked a good 2-3cm wide like sausages! My poor little man! But I feel much better after this, getting more answers, a doctor who knows what she is doing. When they say Great Ormond Street is one of the best in the world I can now understand why!
  • Aww that's fab that your dr is good & you have confidence in her, I would love to do some kind of work with GOSH if I won lottery they would be first on my list for charity work Ive heard amazing stories from there xx
  • He is doing great and thats exactly what he has a blockage he had it in both sides but just one now since surgery how old is ur son?
    We pretty much knew from the beginning my son needed surgery cuz it was so bad his kidneys were so big they were touching and wen they did the surgery on his left kidney he had 7oz of extra fluid in tht kidney
  • Eek! She is ordering another mag3 scan as she wants to check his kidney function is equal and good and I think this will be the basis of her decision to operate. If they go in to do one side is it not just easier to do both at the same time or would this not be a good idea? I thought about that after we left yesterday! Well our previous doctor told us there was no blockage twice so glad we have someone who knows what they are talking about now! Riley has it in both sides but the left is worse. He is 10 and half months so she is pretty happy he is doing well so far even though it looks pretty bad. He has been on antibiotics since birth to prevent UTIs but she is planning on seeing him in Dec for a repeat ultrasound and then he should come off those. She said he will hopefully be walking then and gravity helps to drain the kidneys a bit more so the risk for UTIs will go down. Good to know he won't be on those forever even if he doesn't need the op @ Mackenzies_mama2010
  • With doing both at the same time with both kidneys not doing good if something happens during surgery you dont have a good kidney to fall back on
  • Ah ok I see! That makes sense! How long was the surgery? @Mackenzies_mama2010
  • The surgery took 3 1/2 hours and we went home the next day he healed very well they put a tube in his side where he had surgery to drain urine and u gotta change the dressing on it a couple times a day and once it stops leakin which is around a week thy take it out it's a lot easier then u first think
  • Oh my goodness that's quite involved. Not just a go in, fix and sew up! Hopefully he won't need the surgery :-( how big is the scar? Thankyou for answering my questions @Mackenzies_mama2010 x
  • Umm it's a pretty big scar but since he is so little when he grows up it shouldn't be as noticable
    Your welcome if you ever have any questions feel free to ask!
    I honestly don't think you have to worry bout surgery cuz we pretty much knew from the beginning he more then likely needed surgery he had stage 4 in both kidneys (now in one) and his kidneys were so big from it they were touching so he has had it pretty severe from the moment thy found out when I was pregnant