help! lo is vomiting

edited September 2012 in Babies Health
We picked our son up from daycare and he ended up vomiting twice on the way home. He's thrown up four more times since. He had 3 oz of a bottle and threw that up. Later on we tried giving him pedialyte ( I only did about 2 oz using a dropper so that it wouldn't be too much too fast on his stomach), but throughout the evening. He's thrown that up too. His last diaper was barely wet. My concern is obviously for dehydration. What should I do if this keeps up? I hate seeing my little guy so sick. :(

Comments

• When is the last time he had a wet diaper?
  • I would of already called the peditrician since ur little ones last diaper was nary wet.
  • @1stWoodsBaby I changed him around 6 and it was normal and then again at 9 and it was barely wet. :/ He finally fell asleep which I think he needs as well. He only had an hour nap at daycare.
    I figured I'd see what his diaper was like in the morning and try the pedialyte again to see if he can keep some down and if not then call the Dr.
  • I would call the doctor tonight.. if he's been sick that much, he could already be dehydrated.
  • How's he doing this morning??
  • @coltensmamma He's doing really good. He slept reapply well and woke up and had some pedialyte. He drank about 3.5 oz of that. Then had 2 more oz an hour later. His dr said to keep him in a pedialyte diet today and if he keeps everything down he can go back to having bottles tomorrow. Them some soft, light solids on Monday.
    He hasn't thrown up since 9:30 last night so I'm just grateful he seems to be on the mend.
  • Glad he is doing better. I was just looking for an update too.
  • @1stWoodsBaby It took a few days but I think we're finally on the clear. He's been drinking his bottles and had some more pedialyte but prefers water. I don't care as long ad he's getting fluids. He's now eating some more solids so that's good too. He had diarrhea Saturday, Sunday and Monday, but yesterday was better and us diapers have been wet at each change (I change every 2-2.5 hours) So I was happy with that despite the diarrhea.
    But thank you @everyone for the advice and concern. I'm so glad my guy is himself again! I hate when he hurts. It breaks my heart.