Can u get pg, while you have AF???

edited September 2012 in Pregnant
Can u get pregnant while on your pd?? Ive heard mixed answers on this one!!

Comments

• You normally only ovulate in between periods...so not likely, but I suppose it could be vaguely possible.
  • Yes you can.
  • My friend got pregnant on the last day of her period.
  • edited September 2012
    I heard you can get pregnant the last day of your period, the day after your period, and a few days after your period. I dont know if its true, but I guess you can.
  • My aunt got pregnant with twins on the last few days of her period... it's not common but it is possible
  • For the fact that no woman's body is the same we all ovulate differently. I read on numerous sites, that the "woman only ovulate between the 12th - 16th of their cycle" is a myth. A woman can ovulate a soon as her period ends.

So I guess the answer is Yes!
  • Ok, were ttc and i wonder if i just shouldnt bother trying during my AF , im getting my af twice,a month and havent ovulated yet according to my opk's....im so confused, i thought u couldnt get af if u havent ovulated?
  • edited September 2012
    @ScarlettsMama Well you can't really get pregnant on your period, but if you happen to have sex on your period and you ovulate a few days after AF left, there is a chance that you could get pregnant. Since sperm can live up to 3 to 5 days.

I would go to a doctor to see why you haven't ovulated. It could be that your cycle is changing.
  • There is always a chance to become pregnant...anytime.
  • Yes, you can get pregnant on your period. Everyone ovulates at different times and rarely, a woman can ovulate during her period. This is very, very rare. Less than 1% chance.

You do not have to ovulate in order to have a menstrual cycle. Bleeding is the shedding of your endimetrium and has nothing to do with ovulation.
  • edited February 2013