my phone got stolen-_-

edited September 2012 in Pregnant
What can I do

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Verizon said there was nothing they could do. Police said talk to verizon. So agravating going to leave it turned on so we can get the phone records. call whoever they call. Find the theif that stole my phone. We told them there was a reward of 200 if turn in with sd card
  • Doesn't phone insurance cover lost/stolen phone?
  • I used to work for tmobile tech support...they can't really do anything unless you had a tracking app or something like that. I would recommend a police report and suspend your line bc I know with tmo they would charge you if anything was downloaded or international calls made. If you had insurance you can file a claim. From personal experience mine was stolen I tracked it myself and told the cops who had it...they said they couldn't so anything. I just kept texting the girl...she had prepaid service and got charged for every text...I text her so much that she could never keep mins lol. Don't mess with me!
  • Yea i wouldnt keep it on they culd run ur bill up i had one stolen before only thing i culd do was have it turned off an get one on insurance
  • What kind of a phone is it?
  • Go to your Google page from your computer. Download from the android market an app called Plan B...it automatically installs on your phone and instantly gives you access to its location. When you locate it...call the police asap!
  • Thank you @Mama_Kat I'm mobile so I couldn't link it lol. If you haven't lost your phone download lookout and it'll set you up on your gmail and Google. It's great to have so you can GPS track the phones location! I have the Samsung Galaxy S III so mine is a sought after cell phone. As soon as I got it I got all the security for it lol I'm not going out without a fight.
  • I got plan b and lookout ready to download as soon as the phone turns on. I wis. I've been txting the hell out of my phone. Hoping it keeps them from cancelling my downloads.@mama_kat @cristinalynn @mrz_jackson @sehra4177 @ashley_smashley yes but I'm not blocking my phone. I hope and pray they turn it on.
  • Maybe u lost it And its dead ?
  • No they found my ID in the parking lot. I always keep my ID in my phone case. Someone turned my id in. The brief time I took to take my buggie inside (which was closer I believe they got it. I left my car unlocked since it was right there. Didn't realize it was missing until they called me. They know my family really well. And told me they found my id. So someone stole my phone. Chunked my id. Grrr I just want my sd card told them to plz return at either my job; hubby job or, drop it off at my apt comples office. Idk have to know who they are. @lafiitz89
  • @mamakat unfortunately many phones have universal chargers now. I know ( well I'm 99% sure) iphones have one and I believe all non iPhone Verizon phones have a universal mini port to charge with.

Also you can pick up chargers for almost any phone for under $20 at Walmart.

I've traveled a lot and tend to forget my charger.... :-??
  • Does Verizon use sim cards? Bc when my phone was stolen they just put their sim in my phone...which no longer had my phone number...so if.you are calling it and goes right to voicemail odds are they ditched your sim and are using their own sim. Bc that way you can't trace it. The girl who took mine put her sim in and I got the number bc we were ablle to track the imei once it registered and I could see the phone number that was using my phone.
  • No Verizon doesn't use SIM cards. Hun I'd be temporarily shutting it off. Other wise they could run your mins up charge your phone for stuff order and download things etc. you can go online and look and see who they have called and who's called your number and go from there. If you have an online account. Temporarily suspend it. Go online look and see if there's phone numbers that are called out from it and or called to it you don't know and start calling those numbers. It will be update as well. We had to do that with mine and it gave us a phone call that was made from my phone five mins after I lost it. So it's not like it lags on the phone calls being made out if that makes sense. It doesn't take a day to find out who called or who they called five mins ago in other words. Good luck!!!
  • I agree with @momofSOONtobe7 bc I know when people called us about a stolen phone we would have to read a legal script saying they are responsible for charges up until its reported stolen to us. And I saw so many times hundreds of dollars in charges for games international calls...and the customer would have to pay it. Honestly if you haven't gotten anything back yet I'd say its gone. It's hard bc when mine was stolen all my pics were gone and to me that's all I cared about bc I worked for tmo I had a gazillion phones laying around the house it was just those pics of my kids I couldn't get back...
  • @Sehra4177 the verizon 4G phones use sim cards
  • edited September 2012
    @Steph_Due_101611 I thought some did...so that means if its a 4g phone the sim could've been ditched (which is most likely why its not ringing) and not suspending the line isn't gonna help. Even apps won't help...I know with lookout you have to sign in and activate it from the phone...I just went into it on my phone and it asks you to set it up