Labor Stories!

edited October 2012 in Pregnant
Anybody have any , how they go into labor. How long was your labor, please share.

Comments

• I was induced with both labors.
    #1 - broke water and started pitocin at 7am. Baby was born at 5:09pm. I pushed 3 times. It was breeze.
    #2 - started pitocin at 3am. Broke water at 6am. Baby was born at 5:13pm. I pushed 2 times. My baby would have been born around 10am But my doctor had 3 surgeries scheduled across town so they stopped my pitocin so I wouldn't have the baby while the doctor wasnt there.
  • Oh my ! We're your contractions painful @1stWoodsBaby
  • #1 I was induced at 40w5d started pitocin at 8:30 am on September 9th, 2008... Worst pain I've ever been through. I got my epidural at 4 cm dilated and had him at 9:25 pm he was a perfect 8 lbs 6 oz 20" and I didn't tear at all so no stitches. He came out in 3 pushes.

#2 I went into labor on my own at 41w1d. Went in and was admitted at 10 pm on September 2nd 2011... The dr checked me I was at 5 cm dilated... She then did a membrane sweep and that itself got my contractions going crazy! And hurt so bad... Took them over an hour to get a vein for my IV :( so inbetween horrible contractions lasting about a minute and 30 seconds I was having a needle shoved in me over and over... Finally they got a vein and I was about to get my epidural at almost midnight. She was born at 5:15 am on September 3rd 2011 weighing 8 lbs 4 oz 20" and came out in 2 pushes. No tears again so no stitches :)
  • @MamaLove now that's scary, and sound painful... Contractions and sticking yu with the needle
  • edited October 2012
    Well uhh :D I was having bad Braxton Hicks for a couple of days couldn't take it anymore wasn't able to get comfortable so I went to the hospital for a check (My husband told me like a gazillion times that your gonna experience more then just a few days of labor pains and what not, I should've listened to him.) It was a false alarm! So I went back home went for a check up a few days later still in horrible Braxton Hicks I couldnt sleep lay down, sit up. Basiclly nothing.)

So at the doctors appointment around noon on July 17th she checked me to see if I was dialated which I was at 6cm exact! which those few days earlier I wasn't even dialated at all... so the doc told me to go right to the hospital that I would be due to have my baby eather that day or the day after and if I didn't they were gonna induce me since I was already at the end of my 42nd week! :O

To cut this story short I was delievering for 3hrs and had my daughter July 18th at 3:18am! :X she was 8lbs 110z left the hospital at 8lbs 1oz...a few days later! My husband was a GREAT coach because the doctor that was helping me deliver was such a bitch (excuse me :) ) and wanted to pressure a C-Section on me since it was taking long for her head to come out. My water NEVER BROKE they broke it at 8cm dialated...Im SOOOOO thankful I had that doctors appointment that day before!

My daughter now almost 3months :X :X :X :X
    Oh and GET THE EPIDURAL IT WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF PAIN! specially if you don't take easy to pain.... if they do it right there shouldn't be a problem so I would suggest to go to a good hospital so you would be more sure that everything will go as planned.
  • Yeah, they were no cake walk at all... They are very painful. I commend those who give birth 100% naturally. I, for one, could not have done that....
  • edited October 2012
    @MamaLove Oh yeah even the doctor that was helping me with my delievery was like don't do it naturally women scream in horror when they do it naturally and since my baby was expected to be a big baby which she is they openly suggested I should get it!
  • I was induced with both of my babies also

38 weeks with #1 started Pitocin and broke my water at 7am got my epidural so early I never felt a contraction. She was born at 12:59pm after 20 mins of pushing. She weighed 6lbs 2oz

36weeks with #2 started Pitocin at noon, broke my water about an hour later and lasted most of it with no epidural. Even after getting the epidural only thing that was numb was my legs so I felt every contraction. He was born at 6:55 with only 3 pushes and less then 5 mins he was 4lbs 6oz
  • First I was induced at 38 week's(it was a long time ago lol) had an epi and tore with three stitches. Was in labor for 5 hours and she was 7lbs 6oz. Second I went in for my appointment and he noticed I was having contractions so he gave me an exam and I was dilated to a 4...told me to go to the hospital between certain times and he gave me pitocin to speed up labor. 37 weeks, 3 hours labor, epi, no tears and 7lbs 7oz. Third I was right smack on my due date and same thing happened...went to my app and went to the hospital from there lol had her 3 hours later, epi, no tears and 8lbs 4oz. My fourth I was 10 days overdue...went in to be induced. Had her 4 hours later, no epi(it didn't start working until I pushed), no tears and 8lbs 12oz. My fifth my water broke at 38 week's went to the hospital and once I started laboring I had her 3 1/2 hours later, no epi at all, no tears and 7lbs 12oz...none of them were too bad. I plan on doing this baby natural as well. Get in and get out lol
  • First went into labor at 40+5 contractions starting at 5.50am. Went into hospital at 5.30pm. Had gas only. Had waters broken at 9cm gave birth at 11.12pm after over an hour of pushing. Total of 17 hours from first contraction to baby out. Born weighing 8lb2oz

Second labor started at 41weeks at 10.30pm aftertaking castor oil all day... got to hospital at 12.30am at 10cm dilated. After 1 push my waters broke and second push baby was out at 12.40am. Total labor 2hours 10mins only at the hospital 10 mins before baby was out. Weighing 8lb 2oz no drugs
  • 1st I went into labor at 40+5 weeks...went in at 4am didn't have 4:47pm..he was 8lbs 15oz..had to get stitches due to a tear.

2sd I went into labor at 39 weeks exactly. Start having contractions at 2am...didn't go to the hospital until 10 after my water broke...got there and was at a 7...had her at 4:05pm..had to have stitches because she broke lots of blood vessels on the way out. She was 9lbs 3oz!
  • edited October 2012
    My water broke at home at 39 weeks took couple hours to eat and shower at home and get some last minute things. Then we left for the hospital. From the time my water broke I had her 13 hours later. Very easy Smooth delivery. No stitches, to tearing just one little burn as I was told but I want in any pain after at all. Was able to shower right away and back to normal in couple days and felt like nothing happened exactly one week after :).. I got lucky! Thank God :)
  • 1st I went into at 37+6 weeks went to the hospital cause I was having contractions. Got there at 1 (pm) something I was already 5 cm got the epi and then they broke my water. Had her at 6:42 pm I didn't push long either.

2nd I couldn't sleep cause I was having contractions. Got to the hospital at 4 (am) something I was 4 cm when I got there. Got the epi and then they broke my water cause it didn't break this time either. I had her at 8:45 am oh and I was 38+1 weeks
  • @EricaK22 I had to get stitched too, I tore as well...
  • @aishamusa I tore really bad with the 2sd...the midwife had to call in a dr that was done with surgery to stitch me up...they couldn't find where I was bleeding from..I lost a lot of blood from that :/
  • edited October 2012
    induced at 37 +4 went to hospital 9/4 at 5 am pitocin started by 5 15 ish water was broke at 10:10 am got epi around 10 30 i never progressed pass a strecy almost 7 cm they let me labor till they coulnt any more for risk of infection daughter started to show signs oof fetal distress put on oxygen at 5 35 am ish Aubrey born via c section at 5 53 on sept 5th
  • @EricaK22 Oh I was bleeding alot to but I don't know if it was normal bleeding or not since I have nothing to compare it too...
  • Scheduled to be induced on a Friday the 17 ended up getting induced on Wed the 15 at 5:30 I was at 2cm all day till 4 the next morning was at a 3 finally got the epidural and had water popped at 3 pm by 9pm the epidural wore off so they re did it but by 10:45 I started pushing before the epidural even fully kicked in push alot for 20 min before my lil girl came at 11:06pm on 6/16/11 hurt like hell burned at first like shitting a watermelon
  • I felt arms and fingures and legs that's what I mainly remember I pushed so hard I broke the blood vessels in my face and eyes
  • ^Which is why an Epidural is great :-D
  • Went into labor at 2am. Got (unnecessary) pitocen then got epidural at 10am, it wore off at 10:05 am ! had my daughter semi natural at 6:47pm!
  • I was 38 weeks , my water broke own its own. I have a full thread about it lol :)
  • My water broke at home at 38+2 weeks. I got to the hospital at 5pm wasn't having regular contractions so they put me on pitocin, I got my epi at 7pm and had her at 10pm exactly. Only pushed for 30-45 minutes. I was at 5cm for like 5 days before my water broke...and I was still a 5 when I got to the hospital. My daughter was 6lbs 5oz and 19.5". I tore, but don't know how bad, they said 2nd degree I think, which I think is inside instead of out.
  • #1 went into labor around 3pm. Labored for 23 hours, wouldn't progress past 6cm. Ended in c section.
    #2 scheduled c section. Had to be at hospital at 6am. Went into labor at 1am. Had to deal with the pain until 7am when they took me back to the o.r
  • #1 my water broke on it's own at 4:45am 2/28 and she was born at 4:46pm 2/28 6lbs 11oz!

#2 i was induced on 10/2 pitocin started at 8:00am, had him @ 11:21pm 10/2 7lbs 14oz!

I had epis and piticon with both. And 3 pushes to get both of them out lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • All these stories are so interesting. Us women go through a lot!