court for child support?!? D: update :)

so my boyfriend(baby daddy) is going to court on wednesday for child support
and i didnt ask for him to get child support the state is taking him to court for it because in may we had split because a lot of stuff came up and i lived with my dad and i had to renew my babys medicaid and i put that we didnt live with him anymore and i ended up moving back in with my boyfriend towards the end of july and i forgot to call and change addresses and we a letter in the mail 2 weeks ago saying my boyfriends going to court for child support! im so nervous! never been to court before D:
i called my medicaid and told them i lived with him and they changed everything but i still gotta go to court and also my sons medicaid expired last week and i didnt even bother renewing it cause i didnt want anymore trouble so we're basically going to court for nothing anyone relate??

and the time we werent living together he was helping me out giving me $300 a month

Comments

• If he's naturally giving you money to help support the child why do you need child support? The child support place has been bothering me alot claiming they opened my case....WHAT CASE??? we never filed for child support he's in her life...

What im getting at is if you two can work it out on your own do so because child support is a pain in the ass...my mother filed for child support on me and they started to take out alot of what my father payed for themselves...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ohh ok thank you so much for the advice! @mama_Kat @aishamusa
  • Where do u love that they are this themselves. They can't make u guys do anything (kinda) of u agree on an amount then they will just write that down. Don't worry as far as I know around here u usually talk in room with mediator then if people can't come to an agreement then u have to go in front of a judge.
  • edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My friend and her bf live together, she gets food stamps and because they aren't married the court sent them a paper about child support, they both went to court and told the people they live together and they are together, but the court is still making him pay child support. If your not married your kinda considered a single parent.
  • In Ga the only way the state takes out child support on the dad is if the mom wants to be on medicaid or if the mom receives TANF.
  • Yeah and I'm off Medicaid now and I'm not planning on getting it again. And we only used it for his doctors appointments?
  • @mama_kat I wonder why they do it like that. Not in bad way at all I mean either way works but very interesting and I have never seen that before. Kinda nice for those moms who need the help but don't want to get on the guys bad side by taking him to court. I see a lot of problems start that way.
  • If you're receiving state assistance that doesn't calculate his income, he is required to pay child support. In their eyes, it's not the taxpayers responsibility, but his as child support is a legal right of a child. Hope it all works out and that I didn't repeat what was already said! I usually read whole threads, but concentration isn't too great atm.
  • Lmao, ::blushes::. This is why I always read a thread in its entirety.
  • @mama_kat ya I think they should do that around here lol... Make it much easier. How come it's creating problems with u guys do u not live together anymore? If u don't mind me asking
  • @mama_kat well he should be helping out is there reason he isn't living with you guys if u are in a relationship
  • edited October 2012
    In the UK its a requirement that you declare the 'non custodial parent' when you apply for benefits. Unless there is a violent history. I dont quite understand the logic AS whatever you recieve from that parent in maintenance has NO bearing on your benefit entitlement. (Well done UK, another botched reform...) So, even if my sons father gave me 1000/week (i wish, i get £5 but nevermind....) I could still claim ALL benefits of a single mother. This means my rent is paid, i get 200:month for myself, 300/month for the child, free dental and medical prescriptions/care for both, local council tax paid in full, free school meals, free formula, vouchers for fruit and veg, school uniform grants, crisis loans, free further education and MORE! This really gets my goat as surely if your ex is looking after you to the extent that youre able to drive a sports car and go on holiday 2x/year, you dont need full entitlement to benefits!
  • edited October 2012
    Its insane. It never used to be that way, it was always the case that maintenance was taken into account but not since April 2010. Oh, and if your kid is in full time school, you have to pay maintenance until their 19th bday! It just pisses me off because on the one hand you have women that clearly get pregnant and abuse the system, while I get a measly £5/week from Joshs dad as he doesnt work, and claims job seekers allowance. And also, if youre a full time student, you pay a bit fat Zilch. Nada. Frustrating. @mama_kat
  • Australias system requires you to apply for child support within 3 months of separation. If you don't they start reducing your payments. But we have the option to go through the child support agency and have the money deducted from his employer before he gets paid or a private agreement where they determine what I'm entitled to but it's up to me and bd what actually gets paid but your gov assistance gets reduced by about a 3rd of whatever bd is assessed to be owing you... so if bd owes me $50 a week my assistance reduces by about $15 a week. I do the second option with my ex it's way easier and if he has a really tight week and can't pay he just makes up for it the following.
    My fiance and I bought a car from him though and currently he pays nothing while we are paying him for the car lol
  • @Mama_Kat Omg thanks for telling me that. The father is in her life but he'd end up fighting with them if they wanted proof he's in her life...
  • @AishaMusa you and your man are married though, right? So I don't understand why they are bugging you guys at all. :/
  • @Mama_Kat what if I don't want child support?
  • edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2012
    @Mama_Kat How can I tell if i'm in that state or not? so they just automaticlly take it from him...thats crazy..
  • edited October 2012
    Oh good what a relief...but I received a paper in the mail saying my case has already been started and that I have a person for my case....how is that so?