any working moms?

edited March 2011 in June 2011
How far along are some of the working women who have already had to go on maternity leave?

Comments

• I get 2 weeks before due date unless the Dr says otherwise.
  • I work 40+ hrs and have to untill my water breaks... sometimes I hate the military!
  • Wow that sucks. I hope I can last untill my dd but I have noticed its getting harder for me to do certain things and since I take care of elderly I'm worried
  • I am working until 1 week before my dd thats because I do taxes and my job ends one week before so it kinda sux because I will have to look for another right after I have baby
  • I plan on working till my due date. Only 9 weeks left, I take care of my grandmother and my moms neighbors kids, so as long as I can
  • I'm 32 weeks...i plan on working till labor..cant afford not to.
  • I'm 25 weeks, I'm.working til my princess comes out
  • Im 27.5 weeks and am workin full timr until labor.starts lol
  • I'm working until baby gets here, up until my water breaks....I have no choice I need all the money I can get. I'm a studio manager at Olan Mills taking Pictures, And I work 40hrs a week. Its prettier hard with all the moving around...An with all the Cry babies who come in here acting like I'm a dr giving them a shot!! Lol....It gets frustrating at time!!
  • I am 26 going on 27 weeks n I work n go.to scho
  • Im working untill May then I'm on maternity leave..i moved to another section at my job..I'm hosting now..I used to cook at cheesecake factory..and I had to beg to move because I work with men that dont understand its too hot to work ova a lot of heat...but I can't wait till I leave
  • I'm going on maternity leave at 33 weeks but then I'm from UK and we get up to a year of with 33 weeks of maternity pay :) x
  • I'm in UK too. I worked up until a week before my dd with my son. This time I'm giving up on Thursday. Yay! I'll be 32 +4 weeks and I am ready to stop. My Job is quite manual with lots of lifting and my pelvis isn't up to the job anymore.
  • I'm a support worker for adults with learning disabilities and even though we do basically what we do at home and we get to sleep to its tiring more mentally draining then physically and a colleague worked till 37 weeks but was really really tired so think 33 weeks will be enough lol
  • Idk how much I'm gonna be able to go since this is my first but I just started a new job so I guess we'll have to see
  • I'm planning on going until I'm 36 weeks one day. But I have decent coverage where I live, plus then it gives me time to set up the baby room, relax, and do things for me!
  • I work 40+ hours a week and im planning to work til my due date or if i start having problems..
  • Am working until is time to pop.
  • Im 35 weeks and im going to actually quit by 37 weeks put two week notice in. my feet and ankles cant stand it much longer.staying home with our baby after.
  • My work will not let me work after 8 months. I will go out sooner if the doctor says.
  • I work 50+ hours a week and plan on working till its time to go to the hospital.:( I can't afford to take off any sooner
  • Im almost 31wks n will stop working in one week at 32 I cant be on my feet all day i have a really hard time breathing n probably wont work again till Sept im taking some time off to be with the baby
  • I am a paramedic on an ambulance and sometimes I work 60+ hours a week. I have to work as long as possible bc I need the money. :(
  • I'm 38 weeks and my last day of work is Sunday. We go in Monday morning to be induced.
  • Congrats @momof5 I'm 29 weeks and now I'm confident that I'm going to make it ! I was worried at First but I feel great well good anyways lol
  • I'm 38 weeks and still working. Just waiting for my baby girl to get here!
  • Glad too see so many women working it makes me more confident that I can do it
  • @chelle. Its hard working clear up till the end but well worth it when you go into labor. Seems like it makes labor easier. Of course I can't do a lot while I'm pregnant. I work as a paramedic so I can do the patient care just no lifting and cpr and stuff like that. Its to hard on my body and belly. Lol. But it keeps me busy and makes the time fly by quicker.
  • @momof5 yea to bad I gotta do c section but maybe it will make recovery better!