How can get my 1yo daughter to sleep throught the night!?

edited March 2011 in Parenting
My lil giant turned 1 in jan and she still wakes up twice a night, ive tried so many things to get her to sleep all night but still not working!.. How did you get ur baby to sleep better? Any suggestions?

Comments

• My mom always gave me a small cup (like one of those dixi disposable cups) of warm milk before bed :) it fills the tummy slightly but doesn't make her need to potty in the middle of the night:) good luck mamas!
  • I'm Having the same issue with my 8 month old. Shes up every 3 hours :(
  • Most moms dont like to do this BUT sometimes its best to ignore them for a few nights then they get to understand its bedtime.. My bby was the same it was so hard for us hearing her but it work! GOOD LUCK GIRLS..
  • Good luck. I'm having the same problem with my 12 month old gets up 3 times a night and I have a 5 year old that wakes up atleast once in the night. I am never gna get sleep. Ugh. Oh well all worth it. :)
  • Ignore it! It's hard to do but worth it. They are just testing you to see if you'll come running. We ignored my daughter... it took 3 long nights but after that she didn't wake up. She's 2 now and sleeps at least 12 hours a night and takes a 3 hour nap. Best thing we ever did!!! :)
  • Im gonna start ignoring her tonight! :) lol sounds horrible haha but ima do it!
  • Yea sounce bad but it works 90% of the time lolz have 3 kids 9yr, 6yr and my 3yr old :p
  • My child use to sleep with me so when he wanted something in the middle of the night I gave a stern 'shhhh" and he would fall back to sleep instead of fighting with me. That lasted for a few night but then stopped.