worried about an ectopic pregnancy

edited March 2011 in High risk pregnancy
I had my copper t IUD taken out in november and it caused an inflamed pelvic infection I am now 5 weeks pregnant and am still having some pain like my period is going start I had cramps when I first got pregnant with my other two kids but I don't remember it lasting this long

Comments

• You should go to the Dr ASAP and just get checked out. I know an ectopic pregnancy is very painful almost will put you in tears and you can't move. It could also be your pelvis going back to what it was. Also I had lots of cramps in the beginning of my pregnancy and my best friend had cramps So bad she would cry and she now has a healthy 3year old but only a Dr can tell You what's going on. Good luck
  • edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I hope so this pregnancy seems very important to me and my husband right now my husband and I just got over our 7 year hump and almost got divorced and he had a mental breakdown but started therapy a couple months ago and we made up and now I'm pregnant and we were both so happy about it but I'm scared that it might be the doc wants to wait a week before she runs any tests since its still really early to tell anything
  • Get checked to be sure...but I had an ectopic this time last year and it didn't feel anything like period...it was literally like the worst imaginable pain...felt like my body was ripping from my left rib cage all the way to my left knee!!
  • U would know if u was having a ectopic I had a ectopic pregnancy april 28 2010 I went to the hospital that day I couldn't even stand the pain was so bad come to find out it was ectopic preg and had ruptured my left tube and I was only 3 weeks along that is a undenyable pain and I had to have emergency surgery
  • I had similar pains, went up to hospital and turned out to be a bladder infection even tho i wasnt peeing loads or having the burning feeling so defo worth getting checked out cos if left they can be dangerous for baby. They also felt my tummy for ectopic and said that the pain wasnt that as I would have one side that would be 'jump through the roof' pain, hoe its all ok xx