so military wives were ur husbands there for the birth?

edited January 2011 in Military moms
My husband and i are due august 22 and he is in the navy and will be deployed my mother is in pa im in wa i dont want to be alllll alone and i have no friends

Comments

• No, my husband was in Iraq when my daughter was born. :( He was able to watch her birth via live webcam. Check out WWW.freedomcalls.org... they helped us set everything up!!! You are not alone, trust me!! Good luck! :)
  • My brother didnt see his daughter cause he was on tour but he gets to see his new son. My brother in law same thing but saw his daughter and didnt see his son.
  • 1mamasquared thank you i hope that works!!!!!!!! That Means soooo much to mr
  • My bro was in iraq got premission to leave ahead of time they gave him 2wks around the due.date...after 2wks he had to.go bk...so if he gets premisson ahead of time yes he should be able to come home for 2wks around ur due date
  • Nope he wont
  • I hope it all works out! Hopefully he will be close to a base that has a freedomcalls center. Also, start getting in touch with them now so they know all the details. It almost didn't work out for me, I had an emergency c section on a Saturday, they didn't have a representative available that weekend but my doctor and nurses went above and beyond and found a tech guy that was able to hook it up. Perhaps your doctor would be able to induce you on a specific day during the week, that might help. Also, that way your hubby will know ahead of time... it's hard to get in touch with them. I was able to talk to my hubby through the entire surgery. When the doctor took my daughter out, he took her right up to the webcam so my husband was the first one to see her!! It was AMAZING. Now I'm preggo again and even though it all worked out, we're hoping history doesn't repeat itself! What branch is your husband in?
  • Sorry, just realized you said Navy. My hubby is Marines. Is there anyway you could move in with your mom? You need support.
  • My mon is in pa im in wa
  • My husband in th army he was here for our daughter who's seven months now and we r expecting again and im due in oct. So we r hoping he can get his rnr to be here for our new addition
  • As of right now yes he'll be here but last deployment he left a month early so if that happens again then he will miss her birth. A few friends of his had babies last deployment and were in afghanistan. It was to dangerous to bring them home for their paternity leave but they got to watch on the webcam.
  • My husband will be at Afghanistan and the nurse told us is to haves r&r in oct