ultrasound question

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
When is the first time you get an ultrasound to see the baby and usually when is the first time you will hear the heartbeat?

Comments

• I get to hear the heartbeat later today! Im 13w and I get my only ultrasound next month at 19w. Im on government assistance so I only get one ultrasound.
  • I had an ultrasound on my first ob visit and that was at 8 weeks.
  • Ok. Because by guessing by my last pd I'm due Sept 21 so weds I will be 13wks. So when I go to my first appt I'd be a little over 14wks. Ya ik I'm running behind lol.
  • @ROOTZMAMA: I WAS ON GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE WITH MY FIRST 2 AND I HAD 3 ULTRASOUNDS DONE. 1 AT 8 WEEKS, 1 AT 20 WEEKS AND 1 AT 36 WEEKS.
  • Even with my insurance I got one at the initial visit, 5 weeks. Another at 9 then today which was my 12th I only got to hear the heartbeat. Next ultrasound is at 20 wks. They have places where you can pay out of pocket for 3d/4d ultrasound if you are impatient.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm just curious. To me it sets an even more better bond.
  • It does, even though I didn't get to see it today hearing it settled LOTS of nerves. This early with barely a bump just symptoms its surreal until you have those moments.
  • I think it just depends on your doctor. I got an ultrasound at 8 weeks to make sure there was a heart beat cause they couldn't hear it on the doppler. I had another ultrasound at 9 weeks and saw the heart beat. I got one then to determine my due date. And then I got another ultrasound at 12 weeks to check for down syndrome, I also saw the heart beat then. Then at my 13 weeks appointment I got to hear the heart beat on the doppler.
  • I'm only 12w and 3 days and I'm due Sept.23 @xfirsttimemomx