special older sibling gift

edited March 2011 in Second pregnancy
Does anyone have a good idea of what to get the older sibling? My daughter will be 5 when baby is born and i'd like to be able to give her something special.

Comments

• Well I always love the bog sister big brother pins,badges,books,and clothes my son will be almost 8 and thinks those things are silly so I don't know what to do for him but u could try those good luck
  • When I was born, my rents got my sis an American girl doll, & the books so she would have a doll to cuddle when mom was cuddling me, & guaranteed time with the rents because she wasn't old enough to read yet (she was 4), & my oldest sis got a special day out with mom to do "big girl stuff" (she was 8) mani pedi, clothes shopping, & coupon book that had ice cream social with mom, that kind of stuff. My bro was 7, & got a new video game & a day out with Dad, they went to a car show I think. My rents just wanted to make sure the kids all knew that they were still paying attention to them, & always had time for them. Must have worked, because my sis traded me for a stick of gum! No jealousy at all.
  • The american doll is a cute idea. They now have it where you can get online and make it look like ur daughter. That's a cute idea.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I need ideas as well. My son will 5 and daughter will be 6 when baby is born. I know we r "considering" names the kids are helping with....altho believe me when I say I will never name this baby "princess luu" (yea! Lol) but as far as presents? I'm clueless. Sorry
  • I thought the doll was great, & I always wanted an american girl doll, so I always bugged my parents abt when they would have another baby so I could get one. :)
  • The doll is a good idea. So is the mani/pedi. Even though my daughters only 4 she's such a girly girl. Heck a mani/pedi is a good idea for me!
  • Any thoughts for boys? My son will be 5 when the baby comes.
  • When my sister had her 2nd son he got his big brother a bike. Big brother was 4