bradley birth classes

edited March 2011 in Giving birth
I just want to give props to my bradley classes, my natural birth wouldn't have happened without the wealth of knowledge they gave me and my husband! We r taking them again for round 2 of birthing.

Comments

• hi @momfor2 , I am interested in natural birthing. But I've never heard of the Bradley classes, what exactly are they about or what do they encourage/teach?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2011
    Its all husband/partner coached. He felt more included in my pregnancy and birth. He was my expert on contractions, when it was time to go to the hospital, he told my nurse the birth plan, we practiced massage and what I wanted and didn't want. He told me stuff like "God I'm so proud of you! your doing this" and "you are such an amazing mom" all through the hard parts of my labor. We both knew exactly what to do incase anything that wasn't in the plan happened. Which it did. I got back labor, but we knew and had a plan for it. It was a huge bonding experience for me and my husband. We were closer after and we have been married a while so it was really something.

I also liked that they gave my husband tips for dealing with my crazy hormon swings. and nutrition tips and certain exercises that helped us give birth. I didn't know before that there are so many ways to kegle. this issnt your typical hospital birth class. Which we did both and we were so upest that it was more about the hospital proceedures then what would be happening to my body. "And if you don't procceed to this point by this time this is what the nurse will give you to speed up ur delivery" I remember being so upset at the idea that we were on the hospitals schedule we left durring a pee break and didn't go back.

Bradley was the best thing we did. If you go to the websit they will show instuctors in your area.
  • Thanks for posting this! I have been hearing about it and am super interested!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I didn't know about the insurance, I will have to check on mine :) thank you!