Colposcopy while pregnant?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I'm scheduled to have one this week & am kinda nervous...anyone have one while pregnant?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    @1sttimepreggo I just had one a week ago. They don't actually put a scope or anything inside you. They just look with this microscope thing. It's just like a pap except they are using a machine to look inside you instead of their eyes. No worries hun and good luck. This is my first pregnancy also and I was scared as well.
  • I had one done a little over a month ago and it was no biggie. I cried for days before I had it because I was being paranoid. Lol but the doc said everything was fine and I have to get another pap after my little one arrives:)
  • Thanks ladies for making me feel more at ease. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @almost4 the dr told me that when you're prego, they won't scrape unless there is something seriously wrong in there. I hope this one isn't as bad as the last one you had!
  • Thanks ladies for making me feel more at ease. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @almost4 my midwife told me That when we are prego our immune systems are pretty low. my levels were also really high, but the colposcopy revealed only one tiny issue area. I will have to have another pap after birth, but my mw said that our immune systems kick back in and ideally clear up the problem.