Needing a buddy bad!

edited March 2011 in August 2011
I'm 21 years old, married, and pregnant with my first! So excited! Due August 5th, finding out the gender tomorrow afternoon at 1:30. I was 185 lbs pre-pregnancy, and would like to have a buddy who is in the same situation to help me through this and to share your experiences with me. PLEASE!

Comments

• Well congratulations! Thus is my 5th baby and I weighed a bit more than you pre pregnancy. I am due July 10th with a baby boy. Pregnancy is great. How are you feeling?
  • Amazing actually! No morning sickness really in my first trimester, just mild naseau when I was realllly hungry. When did u and others feel ur first move from the outside?
  • Well I felt flutter around 12 weeks & kicks about 16 weeks. Now I'm 23 weeks & feel him all the time.
  • I felt little movements around 14 weeks and am now 19 weeks 4 days. I think I feel the baby moving but its never strong enough or long enough to tell for sure. Mu husband REALLY wants to feel it but even laying on my stomach with his hand on it he cant feel anything, even when I do.
  • Yeah I'd say around 18 weeks I really felt him move stronger & hubby could feel him at times. I'm only 5'6 and my weight was a good bit more but it was that way with my last 2 Also but total weight gain was only 20 pounds and so far with this one I've only gained 4 pounds. Hoping to do good on this one too.
  • We are hoping for a boy. When did others start to feel the baby move for the first time?
  • My weight gain so far as of my last dr. appointment was 13 lbs...
  • I was told that being overweight and this being my first baby everything would happen later on than if I were some twig haha. I'm showing to the point where there is no doubt at all that I'm pregnant, but not feeling the baby moving very much.
  • What did the first strong movements feel like to you? Could you see them at 18 weeks? I know every pregnancy is different I just want to know what to expect so I can tell everyone when I feel the baby kicking haha
  • I'm also very in tune with my body. I knew I was pregnant over a week before I missed my period. I just don't know if I am actually feeling movements, or if I am just wanting to so badly that I'm imagining them.
  • Did you have much of a belly before? I'm 5' 6" and most of my weight has always been in my belly, behind and boobs haha. So I already had extra cushion before which I'm wondering if thats why I dont feel any strong movements? I've definetly felt the flutters and other movements, just not very strong and very often..
  • Where is the baby at almost 20 weeks? I try to push on my belly and find the "hard spots" which I've been told is the baby, but I can't feel it....
  • Any suggestions on how to make the baby move?
  • Can you move your belly to make the baby move?
  • I am 24yrs old expecting my first (boy) on May 1 I am 33wks 2days I am 5'5 prepreggo I weighed 154 I have gained abt 27lbs and around 20+ wks i could really feel him move now I can see him move it picks up around 20 wks then slows down again later because now he is almost on routines I know abt what time of the day he is going to be moving strong its kinda weird to see my belly moving (sometimes I poke him and make him move when I am bored lol )
  • @LallierMTB2011 I am 23 weeks and sometimes I can see the kicks when I am laying down or if he is kicking really hard. But other than that they feel pretty lite compared to what my other babies were. Maybe he's just a calm baby, nad hoping that will mean he'll be calm outside the womb. But up until the last 2 weeks I'd say has he began to kick up by my bellybutton and above and more movement throughout the whole day. He used to maybe kick just a couple of time in the morning and then nothing really until I was going to bed. But now he he much more active and I love it. Everyones weight gain on here so far is good. I've had some BIG babies so I am hoping that I'll have a smaller one this time around. My last baby (a girl) was 12 days early and weighed 9pouns 7 ounces... ALL NATURAL. So I was very proud of myself considering how large she was. Lol. But remember everyone pregnancy and baby is different. Some are more active than others and some are bigger or smaller than others too. My last 2 babies I felt flutters as early as 9 & 10 weeks and kicks were still at around 16 weeks. But this one was a little longer for the flutters but still I knew I felt him. The feeling was always in the same location and when you know you know even though you sometimes have doubts, but deep down you know and just hold onto that confidance. I love being pregnant and have had a great one. I love my ever growing belly and am enjoying the bonding part that he & I get with him inside of me. Knwoing he can hear my voice. Ahhh I'm in love with this baby boy and I haven't even met him yet. Can't wait!
  • I am just so impatient! I can't wait for my husband to be able to feel it! Is the baby already by my belly button? Everything I feel is still very low...
  • Im 21 wit a fiance and pregnat wit my first due aug 31! An super excited
  • At 20 weeks your uterus is about level with your bellybutton & usually grows an inch per each month above your belly button, sometimes a little more depending if this is a bigger baby or if you've had previous pregnancies, etc. But even then my little one still likes to kick me in my lower abdomen, I guess that is where he is most comfortable at, lol. Just remember that each baby is different. Pretty soon yours will be in your ribs and poking you left and right, but I know we all can't wait till that happens to enjoy it! :)
  • Thanks everyone...I love hearing about other people's experiences so I have a general idea of how being pregnant is going to be for me. It's funny that I wasn't feeling movements before and now, for like the last 4 hours I have been feeling almost constant movement! Still not very strong, but theres so much of it that now I have no doubts at all!
  • That's awesome! As baby gets bigger they'll get even stronger... yay!
  • Another question....on pregly it says at 19 weeks the baby is 8.3 inches long, but in the What To Expect When Your Expecting book says its only 6 inches, and another app says it's 6 1/2 inches long....which is more accurate?
  • Lovemylife11 that's great! It's so awesome being pregnant! Especially for me...my husband and I had been trying to conceive for 2 1/2 years before we found out I was pregnant exactly 2 months after my birthday! My little sister found out she was pregnant last year on my bday (I was verrrry upset) and found out this year on my bday AGAIN that she was pregnant with her 2nd (also very upset considering I had been trying, both hers were surprises). And my sister in law was in labor on mt birthday. I had gotten my period that day. So on Thanksgiving I had been telling my mom that I was completely happy being just an aunt. And I was pregnant when I said that! So finally being pregnant has made me soooo happy, as well as worried and stressed about doing something wrong to hurt my baby. Well theres that story. Haha
  • Lol well I lost my first child last year and all my friends have been haven babys an I was sad but I found out jun 3 that I was pregnat and im now 16weeks and haven EVERY symptom everyone says im maken up for the one I lost lol but my baby is VERY VERY active both us ive had the lil bogger wouldnt hold still I cried when I saw it
  • Wow....so I found out today I'm having a boy! Well, the woman that did the u/s said there was a 75% chance its a boy, and to not be mad at her if it wasn't. But I know it is a boy and me and ny husband r soooo excited!!! :-)
  • edited March 2011
    I'm married 26yrs old I'm due augs 7th this is my third its a boy I found out on monday >:D< .... But Mathew will be here on augs 3rd around 7:30am I'm so excited! :X
  • Hi there ladies! Congrats to all. I am 18 weeks 5 days this is my 4th pregnancy and I have been feeling movement since about week 11 or 12. I have 2 girls and a boy so we are hoping to have a boy. U know even us out lol. I have always been a larger sized woman and proud of who I am but it took me some time to be proud of me. U know not care what others think and happy to say I have got to that point. So now I am due Aug 12th and I have actually lost 5 pounds go figure huh, be happy girls. I am also looking for others to share my pregnancy and beyond with also. Peace love and happiness to all!