who's in the wrong...?

edited March 2011 in Military moms
Ok so our FIRST one year anni is this sun, 20th, and my husband broke our plans... he just reinlisted today so he got today and tomorrow off, also its a four day so he won't work again til Monday. So he went home. He hasn't been home since last may b.c. they wouldn't let him. He just got approved to go home for two weeks..

I want to know if I'm wrong for being upset.. I know next year he will be deployed, so I really wanted to do something special. Especially since this is our first. We were suppose to go to san antonio and have a big expensive meal and go get a juccuzi hotel room(can I use a jucuzzi? I'm 5.5 weeks. I know I can take cool bath.)

He talked about taking the two weeks off and just sit around the place. Relax and not work. I told him I figured he take those two weeks and go home with me for the baby shower. Its a 18 hr straigt drive. I could do it before. But I'll be 6 months then.

What's ur honest opinion? Am I the b!*th? Or is he the d!(k?

Comments

• I don't think u can get n da jacuzzi..... I get the same way when my hubby break our plans. Sometimes they really just wanna relax. Try a week off then the next week doin something. Don't be mad just try to come up with a solution
  • Its hard, cuz you only have a short time frame of when you ca renlist ...but he should be trying to spend every sec with you....

When u say he went home do u mean he left u?
  • In regards to the jacuzzi question, I found a good explanation here as to why it is not recommended during pregnancy (http://en.allexperts.com/q/ObGyn-Pregnancy-issues-1007/jacuzzi-pregnant.htm).

"The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) states that becoming overheated in a hot tub is not recommended during pregnancy. ACOG also recommends that pregnant women never let their core body temperature rise above 102.2º F. According to the Organization of Teratology Information Services (OTIS), a body temperature of 101º F and above can raise concerns during pregnancy. Hot tubs are often factory programmed to maintain a water temperature of approximately 104º F. It takes only 10-20 minutes in a hot tub to raise your body temperature to 102º F or higher."

As for the opinion about whether you were wrong about being upset, I believe he should have talked to you before making any decision. I would have been personally upset if my fiance had broken plans without talking to me about it beforehand.
  • Damn. I'll have to ask my doc. I thought I read if its cool water it was ok. I know we can do it another time. Maybe 2 weeks from now. B.c next weekend we are moving into a house.

When we got married he was able to renlist but he chose to wait. He wanted to see how it was for our relationship.

Ya he left w/o me. I work and couldn't get off work since I just went home in jan to see my sister in laws new baby...

The more I think about it I'm the b!#ch. Lol.. I'm better now. I think.. darn pregnancy hormones..
  • @fingerscrossed he didn't talk to me about renlisting or leaving. He just told me.. I knew he was going to renlist though since he got a 2011 car with his tax money. I asked one time if he had thought anymore about reinlisting he said sorta. He said he was worried about supporting us if he got out. He's all about how the army is job security..

Thanks for the link. I nvr google stuff b.c. I used the internet on my phone and its sometimes slow or stalls.
  • I think that if the jacuzzi is like a bath tub with jets it would be okay, just not a hot tub where the temperature is a constant heat. I used an in room jacuzzi when I was pregnant with my first.
  • @Leggs2011 If you are able to adjust the settings for the jacuzzi temperature, you can set it to 100º F and there should be no problems. :) You are welcome about the link. I have gotten into the habit with college about always citing my sources, so I do not think twice about it. I use the computer mainly for Pregly, to be perfectly honest, because the phone I have now likes to be slow or lock up when I try to do anything but read the news.

Your husband should have talked to you about it beforehand, but if you feel some of your reactions to the situations were out of line, then you know you best. My fiance enlisted in the army and is being sent to basic training a week or so after our wedding in June, so I can understand your husband's reasoning about the army being good job security - it was one of the many reasons my fiance decided to enlist.
  • Ohh ok. Good that's what I kinda thought/hoped for. B.c the house we are getting has a garden jacuzzi bath tub. Can't wait to soak in that thing. Lol