Needing some courage to finally tell my mother. please help ladies!

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Okay so I'm 16 weeks today and I still haven't told my mother. My boyfriend/baby daddy and I live with my mom, I'm 19 he's 20, we moved back to ND so we both could have jobs and go to school. When we were in AZ we couldn't find any jobs. Now I'm a health clerk and hes working at the school.
We would be living on our own but there's no where to live Due to an "oil boom" it Really Really sucks, so we live with her. We don't just live here free though, we cook, clean, pay bills,buy food.
So now here's the deal idk why I'm so scared to tell her, its just her. Sadly my superman (daddy) passed away two years ago. My oldest sister has 5 kids so its not like she didn't break the ice but I have a middle sister who talks so negative about pregnant women. She acts like its horrible for someone to be pg. My mother is just a scary woman, haha everyone thinks she's nice, but she can be evil.
I'm finally finding some courage to tell her, but I just don't know why I'm so scared.

Encouraging words, stories about you telling your parents, or just some ideas on even what to say to her are greatly appreciated. I just need some support, thanks ladies.

Comments

• I was scared to tell my mom and in 32 and this is my 3rd baby. Moms can be scarry at times. Take a deep breath and jump in good luck
  • Has she ever told you she dont want you to get preggo? How old are you?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm 19 years old. I knew it was going to be hard. But I called her up and was like mom, I know you might not agree, nor will you be entirely proud of it, but its done and I want you to be there as a mom, I'm pregnant. Yes she didn't agree. But your mom is your mom and she's always going to love you no matter how much she disagrees. But you can't go back, all you can do is move forward into a future that will be so great and make you happy.
  • Yes ladies, thanks I'm getting there, to the point where I'm ready to tell her, I Seriously just don't know what to say. I think ill close my eyes once I do, I'm scared for her reaction.
  • If you don't want to tell her face to face then write a note to her and place it on her bed. Or tell her via telephone when your at work or something. Better yet, buy a congratulations card and mention that she will become a grandma soon. Hope it helps
  • I am 16, And I had to tell my parents, I just started bawling and told my mom straight out, She did say she was disappointed but said she'd be there for me. And to stop crying.
  • Oh my goodness.. I think ima tell her tomorrow after work. Feeling brave, I was Feeling good this afternoon but came home and she was kind of grumpy. My bf is feeling brave too haha. Encouraging words and wish me luck please.

Thanks everyone, your all wonderful.
  • Tellin ur mom and being scared means you did something wrong. Ur human and an adult so just tell her. The more u wait the more she can be upset about.
  • You shouldn't be scared to tell your mom whether she might be scary or mean. I know its easier said than done but I was scared to tell my mom too and I suprised her on her birthday with a picture frame and she cried then she was happy then cried but it was such a relief to tell her. So just go ahead and tell your mom.