21 and pregnat with first

edited March 2011 in August 2011
Im 21 engaged and freaking out bc I dnt know about how much money im goen to need to buy stuff the baby needs im 4months and already got my crib anf dresser an changing table but I need advice from mothers about how much money to save for the babys needs before it gets here me

Comments

• I'm going on 21 in July an I'm engaged n pregnant with my first also... I was trying to figure out the same thing but realized you can never have too much money to spoil Your baby with... although it would be a Good idea to get all the big stuff like carseat an stroller... everything else will fall into place after the grandparents an family start shopping an then u can count on the baby shower for lots of clothed
    .. also buy Pampers!!! Lots of them
  • Lol yea well I got a lil saved up just tryn not to buy small stuff till after the shower
  • Yea that's my plan... I'm almost 28 weeks an my shower next month
  • im just scared we arent gonna have enough money for everything the baby needs
  • I was in your shoes a while back, except I didn't live at home but I still relied on my families approval being as young as I was. Id say tell her asap it'd be surprising if she hasn't figured it out already but when u go to tell have a plan to present as well like how you'll stay in school and work and ideas for childcare etc. You want to make her understand You aren't just winging it here. Good luck!
  • My parents knw they support me but they dnt have alot of money either
  • Don't worry too much... your gonna be a mommie... don't they Always find a way!!! Trust me, you'll find a way to provide any an everything
  • I hope so I want him or her to have everything! :)
  • S/he will as long as u give em love
  • Thanks makes my mind feel a lil better
  • Aww im 21 n preggo too wit my first. 22 weeks.
  • Are u scared
  • Im 25 and this is my 3rd im 21 weeks
  • Im also 21& this is my 1st. Im recently married so i feel u on the money issue but trust me u will have everything u need.
  • I'm 21 & this is my 1st as well & being that I am doing this alone I am coming to money issues but I know if I need help my mom sis and besties have my back no worries
  • I guess ur always gonna worry about money I just want my baby to have everything it needs
  • @lovemylife I'm 21 also for the moment wen are u due?? N btw I read somthing on babycenter.com that on average it costs 10 thousand for a babies first year crazy huh!!
  • I'm 21, married, and pregnant with my first due August 5th. I'm 21 weeks today. I'm buying all the big stuff before my shower in May, setting aside about $50 a week to get everything else I need after my shower...
  • Don't Stress too much about it. Buy the necessities first like carseat crib diapers burp cloths bottles wipes gas drops etc. Things like swings,bouncers, toys, etc can be purchased over time. Also check out garage sales! Good luck!
  • I'm 21 still in college. I know we don't have tons of money but I know the baby will never do without because we both work and our families will help us in any way they can if we need it. Plus, there's always government assistance as a last resort.
  • Im due aug 31st