sex while pregnant

edited March 2011 in July 2011
I feel stupid asking this...my doc said sex is fine which I understand but is there a limit where sex can hurt the baby ? I try to use the positions recommended for pregnancy ...i usually end up on top..I don't mean to b so graphic I just am concerned I feel like I have sex with my husband a little rough we do it a little fast I'm just concerned about jarring the baby around It doesn't hurt but I don't want to harm my future son.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I feel the same way sometimes. Haha but im 25 weeks and nothing has happened to me or my baby during sex. I also don't bleed after having rough sex either. I was worried about that as well.
  • Well I don't bleed so It must b ok ... I just worry this is my first
  • Yeah I have also been told that sex is fine whilst pregnant but sometimes I think that surely it must affect the baby in some way. Also somebody mentioned sex inducing labour? Well if that's true then I will bare that in mind.
  • The last couple weeks I wanted nothing to do with sex. The other night I gave in and it was soooo good!!!
  • The reason why it is best to refrain from sex towards the end of your pregnancy is that there are hormones in a man's cum that can ripen your cervix. My doctor actually recommended that we have sex to bring on labor.
  • You won't hurt the baby. You can do everything what's comfy for you. Its not the sex which induces labour its supposedly the sperm. As long your body isn't ready you will not go into labour even while having sex.
  • In the beginning of my pregnancy before I started my baby bump started showing, my boyfriend asked the same thing and I was curious myself. I've looked online and asked my OBGYN if it was okay, she said it was fine but during the last few weeks it can induce labor.. and supposedly the baby likes the rocking motion from sex. I don't know much myself; first time pregnancy.
  • I just was concerned of brain damage from shaking so much I mean a child outside can get shaking baby syndrome so I thought it might b the same evenworse since the brain is in the process of developing. But it seems from what all u guys say its ok ... which makes me happy and I'm sure my husband will be happy to hear thank u!
  • Sex is perfectly safe during pregnancy unless your doctor tells you not to have it or your amniotic sac is ruptured. If it doesn't hurt you its prefectly fine.
  • second trimester for my gf = horny. so I been gettin more sexy time (: the baby is fine too. we already knew the baby would b ok so whenever she was down I was ready. nut it could gp away. I saw have fun while u can cuz iv seen here on the forum lots of girls who want nothing to do w sex. or their men won't touch them while they r prego
  • Is there anybody that has a decrease from sex?
  • lol I just had some rough sex an looked at my hubby an said "OMG I hope the baby is ok" lol I logged an seen this and it made my feel a lot better:D I know sex is safe, Just didn't know if rough sex was!! Haha I like if rough most of the time:p
  • I know sex doesnt hurt the baby im on my 3rd pregnancy but now i dont like having sex bc i feel like it bothers my baby girl lol i can feel her kicking around during and its just distracting hahaha and i have braxton hicks after and feel alot of pressure down low im only 24weeks so it couldnt send me into labor yet..atleast i hope not.
  • Am 26wk with my 4th baby and can say as a horny prego it does nothing to the baby, its all in ur heads ladies. Be what I can tell you is that with my first baby sex brought me to the delivery room 3 days earlier then my due date. So around that time have everything for that trip just in case....for the mean time enjoy and have fun....lol
  • I'm never in the mood lol I gave in a few days ago and now I'm still like keep your doodle to yourself lol but it won't hurt baby