Wanting to meet military moms and find new friends! :)

hello ladies! Im looking for new friends that are going through anything similiar to me, I am married to my best friend,highschool sweetheart and Army91B :) We are stationed in FortBliss Texas (not happy here)....he is leaving soon for training so I will be going through weeks 30-34 alone :( but will be with family because I am going back home for a bit while he is away for my babyshower and stuff..Anyway I am due June 29th and he should be leaving sometime at the end of august for deployment which I cant say much more than that per OPSEC. But thats basically whats going on...and I am VERY nervous about him being deployed and raising our baby alone...just alot of different fears coming up for me :-/
Anyone else going through anything similiar?

Comments

• Hey girl. I'm going through the same thing. I'm almost 31 weeks and my hubby is leaving for training and will be gone till about week 34. I'm also going back home while he is gone. I'm due may 20th and he is deploying sometime in June. I'm here if ya wanna talk.
  • I can't say I am going thru it right now but when I was pregnant with my first my hubby was gone 8 weeks training home for 2 month and left to Iraq when I was 7 month along for a 13month deployment its not easy but you will be able to manage.
  • Nice to know someone is going through something similiar. Thats why I want to find girls to talk to because there IS going to moments when I FREAk and cry....hell if I havent already...but I just need someone I can talk to..for some reason I have had a horrible time connecting to many girls where we are stationed. Do you have yahoo? Add me if you do its hayleegracesmommy2011@ymail.com
  • I don't know a single person where we are stationed so ill be moving back home to be with family while my hubby is deployed. I don't have yahoo but ill send you my email if you'd like.
  • You will see who your real friends are during that time and its not easy on your hubby either. But if you wanna chat with me sometime let me know and I add you. It's hard to be an army wife and don't have anyone to talk to and a lot stab you in the back.
  • ya thats good too ;)

Ya I hear ya...I have tried meeting new people where I am but its craaaaawling in drama so I stay to myself except for like 2 friends that I occassionally talk to. So I am definitely going back home while my husband is deployed but its just frustrating because I am not sure if I will move there or just visit and go back and forth. Not sure what to do right now.
  • What state are you from?
  • I'm almost 12 weeks, and my husband is leaving very soon for training, then overseas. I will be going through most of this pregnancy alone and the baby will be at least 6 months old before he is back home. I am terrified of doing this all alone. I hate that he is going to miss everything. I just try to remember that he is just as sad as I am.
  • Yeah my hubby keeps saying he will be fine and can handle it, but this is our first baby. I don't think he realizes how different its going to be or how much harder its gonna be leaving once the baby is here.
  • It doesn't hit them until they are gone and have time for themselves when they have a break. My hubby didn't seen our first born until he was almost 1 year old. He was home on r'n'r for the birth but there is a lot they miss during the first year.
  • My fiance is leaving shortly after our wedding for basic then AIT, and we are trying to conceive before he leaves. If we are successful, he will be gone the first portion of the pregnancy. We are a little worried about how everything is going to work out, but we know it will be for the best, whatever the circumstances turn out to be. I worry about him being deployed overseas, but we will jump that hurdle as it comes. I know I am going to miss him with all of my heart, though, and he will miss me, too.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi! I'm an Army wife currently stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri. I don't know a single person here which is really frustrating. I was supposed to finish this semester of school in Georgia, so my husband would have missed the first 4 months but unfortunately and fortunately at the same time, I was not able to finish there. My husband will be around for most of the pregnancy, just having to go to the field for a week at a time. So I may not know or be going through exactly what you ladies are going through but regardless I'm here for support any way I can :)