house wife or working mommy?

edited January 2011 in September 2011
Hello all my name is Marina like a boat dock lol, so just found out this weekend we are pregnant, I've been a stay home mom n wife for the past year and I've enjoyed it but I just got offered my dream job and now I'm debating on going back to work or stay at home and take it easy with this pregnancy? Is anyone going through the same or have any advice?

Comments

• Working def makes the pregnancy go by quicker, and keeps you in shape. With my first I didn't work, gained 70lbs. With my second I worked until 8 months, gained 30 lbs and lost all the baby weight after a few weeks. With this one, my third, I'm a stay at home mom so we will see how this goes! I would love to work.
  • Yeah i worked with my son and I dint mind I dint gain much weight and was back to my size within weeks after delivery I deff don't want to gain a lot of weight but I also want to enjoy my time with them, but at the same time being at home can get boring lol ...... Goodluck how far long are you?
  • Almost 6 weeks.
  • Any symptoms yet?
  • just tired and somewhat nauseaus. Bloated constipated aaaand cant sleep. Im also very sore. Hopefully that means this ones a boy... I have 2 girls already
  • Goodluck with having a boy im praying for a. Girl already have my little man
  • This is my first baby. I am 6 weeks along. I currently work but don't think i am going to be able to do my job very long. I am trying to find a different job which difficult when people find out your expecting
  • eaparker83 you are only 6 weeks you don't have to tell them I wouldn't say anything till you start showing.
  • I'm about to have my third. I work but would love to work les! Can't afford to stay home full time. But your kids grow so fast! I swear I just blinked and my son is 5. School is coming into the picture now. I figure when they are all in school i'll have my time to work. Want to enjoy all I can now. But its really a ordinal choice. Give the job a try. You may love it. If not quit. Or see if you can work less.. Or take lots of vaca!!
  • I worked for my first pregnancy and up until he turned 6 when we had second baby. I worked until I wad about 5 months but started cramping a lot so stopped. Now that baby had turned one and I am 7 weeks preggo. Sometimes I miss being out and about but I don't miss my job.
  • I work... I have a 3 yr old step son and I do miss out on alot and wish I could stay home but I hate being stuck at home!!! Im pregnant with my 1st and all I do is sleep so maybe work maybe short for this pregnancy!!!! Try it u may find u love it and u can always tell them u want to try it out for 90 days then ull make ur mind up!!!
  • i work and im 7.5weeks pregnant and i dont think i can handle my job for too long because i handle swrve over food and its making me feel worse than anything so hopefull yhey will be moving me to a different departmemt x bt id lv to b a stay at home mum bt someone has to bring more money in to oay more bills
  • I'd go off how you are feeling. There's no way I could work with this fatigue and nausea. But if it doesn't bother you much then why not do what you want to do!
  • I am pregnant with my 3rd the first I worked until a day before I had her, the second worked until a week before I had him, this one in 15 weeks and been on bed rest for 4 weeks already I miss working and have a new respect for stay at home moms. I hope I get to go back to work I am much better at the er then I am at staying home.
  • I'm pregnant with my third. I worked while pregnant with my first but after I had her I became a stay at home mom childcare is to expensive and I don't trust my daughter with anyone she wouldn't ne able to tell me if someone did something to her. I didn't gain that much with my second around 20 pounds he wasn't full term but running after my daughter keep me in shape I'm 15 weeks and haven't gained any weight when I was at work all I did was eat non stop. Being a stay at home mom is wonderful I don't get to miss anything I'm there for new words new moments my husband wishes he could stay home