Gaining too much weight... :(

edited March 2011 in Third Trimester
I went to the dr today and he said everything is great except that I'm gaining too much weight. I've gained almost 50 lbs and I'm a little over 7 months. I was about 20 lbs underweight before I got pregnant. I'm eating normal. Mostly fruits. We've cut back on all starches and salts and sugars. My husband has even been losing weight. Should I be worried?

Comments

• I would say as long as you are eating healthy foods and doing proper execise that you cant do any more than that. Just make sure u take walks and exercise appropriately
  • I walk everyday. Its really starting to upset me. Everyone who looks at me says you can't tell at all but I feel like you can. I'm just not sure what to do anymore.. My dr said I've set a record with his patients. That he's never had someone gain this much already.
  • I started @ 155lbs now weighing 171lbs and im 3 months & 3 weeks (15wks) pregnant with twins I feel like a complete fatass and can only imagine how much more im goin to gain :( weight gain sucks I feel so ugly...
  • @2peasinapod_89 I know how you feel. Atleast you are having twins tho. I'm only having one and have gained enough to be pregnant with twins. The only thing is that my belly isn't that big. People who are due 2 months after me are bigger by a long shot.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you very much. I've been getting so upset about it.
  • I think my problem is where I live I dont know anyone and im not working b/c im considered high risk so I get bored and eat lol it sucks and none of my family lives here with me :(
  • I'm the same way ... my midwife said to slow down but I look fine... and other small ppl I know gain around 60lbs and go back to normal ... I think its what your body needs to keep ur baby healthy
  • If you breastfeed your baby it will go away twice as fast as if you bottle feed; I am living proof! I was 155lbs when I got pregnant with my first daughter & gained 27lbs. I lost it all within 3 months of her birth, and then continued to lose because of breastfeeding her & eating sensibly. I got down to 130 & kept it off for 2 years, then when I weaned her, I didn't cut calories accordingly & crept up to 145lbs over the next year, and now I'm preggers again. I actually look forward to losing the baby weight because I know its entirely possible... don't listen when people tell you that you're doomed to be fat; its 80% diet, 20% exercise. Always has been, always will be!!! Good luck! :)
  • @homebirthadvocate- he's just very blunt and straight forward I think. Not necessarily the sweetest guy but a very sought after dr around here. Lol.
  • @homebirthadvocate- lol. O I know. All I can do is eat right and keep excersising and continue to do so after birth and hope my body lets me breastfeed. If I wasn't so far along and on medicaid I would prolly be looking for a new dr.
  • As long as you're eating healthy and walking and baby is fine I.don't see what the problem is. A bit tacky on what the dr said though. My friend gained 70+ lbs with her pregnancy too. She and baby were fine. Didn't have gestational diabetes or anything. Another friend gained over 50 lbs. Everything was fine. I've.only gained 24 lbs so far at 7 months so everyone just gains differently. My husband told me his friends wife gained nearly 100 lbs with her baby and was skin and bones before then
  • Awwwww I know how u feel I gained 100 pounds by the end of my last pregnancy and my dr. Never said anything about it but ur eating fine so noworries ur fine but keep in mind u gain all the weught when ur 8&9 months
  • @saira- o I know. Thats whats worrying me. :S I just hope its not too much. If I've already gained this much and still have almost 2 months to go then I'm gonna be in trouble. Lol. My snacks for the day include apples, oranges, bananas,and yogurt. Sometimes I'll eat crackers or cheez its. But its mostly the fruit.
  • Im reading this as I am eating a hot pocket and 3 chocolate chip cookie oops I say as long as your not harming yourself or the baby just enjoy but remember you have to lose the weight after baby ;-)
  • I wanted to thank everyone who commented on this post. I feel much better about everything. As long as I can keep up with how I'm eating and excersising I know I'll be fine. :-)
  • I gained 25 my first trimester, I remember stopping and eating at McDonald's subway & Burger king in less than a hour. It was crazy! My second trimester is almost over I've gained 14 pounds. & now for the next trimester probably 15+ but remember this is also weight from your placenta growing uterus and amniotic sack & last but not least BABY
  • @july2ndaustin I think I stopped at the same fast food restraunts in the same day lol .... I have gained abt 32lbs and I am 33+wks
  • I've gained 39, & I start my third trimester this Saturday
  • I dont work out nearly like I used to I mean I was chunky before I got pregnant (abt 154lbs) but I used to jog everyday and now I just walk maybe 3 days a week and thats it I am taking a diet and exercise vacation for 9months lol
  • Well atleast I'm not the only one! During my first and second trimester I ate whatever I felt like and now that I'm trying to eat better I'm STILL gaining weight like crazy. I'm almost to the point of saying f*** it and eating what I want.
  • I'm 31 weeks and have gained 28 lbs and my doctor is also telling me I should slow down but it's hard when I'm hungry and craving sweets. I weighed 120 before have I gained too much weight?
  • Dont worry, ur fine...i gained over 80lbs and my doc never said anything..u will lose it after baby comes!
  • Thanks I hope I do!
  • I gained 75 pounds with my first pregnancy and my Dr. was really rude about the weight gain because I was already overweight, but by the time I left the hospital after I gave birth (2 days later) I was 53 pounds lighter. My baby girl was 9pounds 9oz and 22 inches long.
  • @brooklynsmama- my dr is being really rude to. I just can't believe he dais I've set a record and I've only gained about 45 pounds. Yea sure it's more than normal but I seriously doubt no one that goes to him hasn't gained that much or more. Pregnancy affects women differently. I was so upset when I left that appointment. My husband didn't know what to do. He hardly ever sees me cry and girl, I was crying. Lol
  • Don't feel bad. I'm 36 weeks and I have gained 40lbs and my last Dr appointment she let me know I was starting to gain more then I should. I feel fine and don't over eat or eat unhealthy either. I guess some women just gain more then others. As long as the baby is healthy. :)
  • @mommyperovic- thats how I look at it. As long as my baby is growing and healthy I can always work out and lose the extra weight after he's born. My grandmothers dr said he thinks it's mostly water weight cuz I'm swelling up a little. My dr is just a strict butthead. Haha