Doctors appointments while high risk.

edited March 2011 in High risk pregnancy
I am 30 weeks pregnant and high risk. My doctor informed me that as of 32 weeks, I'll be seeing him twice a week as opposed to once a week. Does anyone know if I'll see him even more the further along I get?

Of course I'm going to ask him next week when I see him, I was just curious if anyone ever had to be seen every day or close to that.

Thanks for your input ladies! ;)

Comments

• why are u high risk? and as i know ur suppose to see ur doc every weeks passing 31 weeks..
  • I havr what's called Polyhydramnios. Basically, I have a boat load of amniotic fluid and I need to be carefully monitored because I am at extremely high risk for preterm labor. The amount of amniotic fluid I carry is the amount someone has at 40 weeks. I am only 30 weeks and measure about 35 weeks, and with so much fluid and nowhere for it to go, I could literally pop at anytime lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow never heard of this before...I have a bloodclot n my placenta
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate The reason he sees me every week is so that I can have NST's and so that he can do an ultrasound to measure my fluid. Last week, I had one quadrant of fluid at like 14 which is what most women have total at 30 weeks. He just wants to make sure baby is okay and that I don't go into early labor.

@cmckelvie86 thanks for the well wishes. I hope she stays in until at least 36 weeks...even longer would be awesome but my doc says with the amount of fluid I have, I'll be lucky to make it to 37 weeks!
  • I'm pregnant with twins and high risk, and I'm only 24 weeks and I go in every two weeks if not every week depending on my check up status. You aren't alone!
  • @cheechee Polyhydramnios is generally observed in only 2% of pregnancies, so it isn't common at all. Also, it's not usually seen until about 32 weeks, so I'm kind of a rare exception lol. I had never heard of it either and thought it was no big deal, but after my doctor explained everything, it is very serious stuff.
  • Yes, I'll certainly update you when I find out. I am curious myself, it's odd not even being 8 months and going once a week.
  • I'm high risk I see my doctor n sonotech every wk...I'm havin twins I been hospitalized twice for preterm labor n low fluids..I'm now 34 wks I been on bedrest since 24 wks...I jus keep thinkin its almist over;)
  • It kind of makes it go by quick, and seeing my lady buggy once a week is neat, but it is time consuming and I feel like I have more of a relationship with him than my family lol. Really though, I appreciate him being cautious because I switched docs at 22 weeks because my last doc "forgot" to tell me I had a bacterial infection, borderline anemic and that I had a UTI. He went 2 months without treating me, and did no workup besides a pap at 9 weeks. This new doc was pretty upset with the lack of prenatal care from the previous doc. Thank goodness I switched or I don't know what would be going on right now!
  • I had the opposite of that last year, I had very,very little amniotic fluid an it resulted in a still birth at 22 weeks. It was determined after the autopsy that it was due to the blood pressure medication that I was on. I should have been taken off of it the day I found out I was pregnant. It was a class d medication. This time around I have preeclampsia, which also causes blood pressure issues. I was in the hospital for two weeks until they got my pressure under control. They actually wanted to play it safe and have me stay in the hospital til I delivered and I was only 26 weeks. I have two other kids at home so I had to talk them into allowing me to do extensive outpatient. Not only am I being induced at 34 weeks but I have to take an extreme amount of medication 3x per day. I also have to go to the hospital every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Each time I have to give blood work, and have biophysical ultrasounds, non stress tests, and meet with the high risk obs. Its sucks and is very annoying but I have to do what's best for.my baby. Its almost over though. I am 32 weeks,I will meet him March 28th.
  • Wow, I sure hope everything is okay with baby! I'm not that extreme, but doctor is considering full blown bedrest for me, even though I'm on moderate bedrest right now. I have to have a biophysical next week, and I have the nonbstress tests and blood work every week. I have to have another full ultrasound in 2 weeks to make sure baby is okay. I hope everything turns out well for you and your little buddy!!
  • Well make sure u get ur rest..i sure plan too
  • I have highblood pressure and I am seen every two weeks I'm 31weeks. I just started seeing this Dr cause we just moved to a different state. I'm curious to see what happens at my next appointment Wednesday.