Hypothyroidism, anybody else suffer from it?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 21 weeks & 4 days & at my first visit found out I have an inactive thyroid. My daughter is measuring small & although I gain weight, within days I lose it again. W/ my first two pregnancies I didn't eat a lot of fast food or junk food but my work schedule is hectic now so I eat out more. No matter what I do I can't keep the weight on. Never had this problem before. Anyone else been through this or going through it?

Comments

• I found out when i first found out i was pregnant and got sent to an endocrinologist and i'm taking meds foe it and seeing the endo every month..im only 16 wks but i havent had any problems but i havent gained much weight and i eat well. Are you taking meds for it?
  • I have it..it was really hard for me to gain weight. I only gained 18 pounds during my pregnancy with my daughter I had her at 38 weeks and she only weight 5lbs 12 oz.. But she was perfectly healthy..
  • I have it. But are u sure u dont have hyper thyroidism? When u have hypo u pack on pounds easily and its hard to lose weight, what u are describing sounds like u have hyper.
  • I have hyperthyroidism, & I can't gain weight for anything. I'm 18 weeks, & I've only gained 4 lbs, maybe. The main thing is to just keep eating the right foods so the baby gets what it needs. I have to eat at least 6 medium meals every day instead of 3 large meals, & that's even when I'm not pregnant. Always have something in your system for your boby to munch on.
  • I'm taking 25mg of Levothyroxine. That's why my doctor's stumped because my bloodwork shows I have hypo but we can't figure out what's causing such dramatic weightloss. All my other symptoms point to hypo as well. I have pregnant medicaid & my first doctor wouldn't refer me to an endocrinologist & until I switched doctors a few weeks ago I hadn't had any bloodwork done since Dec 28. I also found out I have precancerious cells & although my first doctor said they were gonna check me every 2 months to make sure nothing's changed he never did. I'm just worried cause my daughter's size is equal to a 17 week baby instead of almost 22.
  • Check me every 2 weeks*
  • I have hypothyrosism but i can't lose weight. Yours sounds hyper