baby num 2 on the way, baby num 1 jealous?

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
So I have a soon to be 3 yr old, who's always just been with me, I have been a single mom for 2yrs just got married last year and well he's been the center of our world, as we try and talk to him about a baby he says "no thank you no baby" I'm scared he's going to be jealous since this baby is my husbands and mine and he dint get that with his dad.....any tips or advice on what to do so he douse not feel left out?

Comments

• I have a 3yo. girl. So. Have the same thoughts. She seems easier with it now. I got her a baby doll and explained that mommy was having one of those. She got easier as she saw my tumm
  • Sounds like a good idea but mine is a boy lol how far long are you?
  • U can still try with a baby doll it will help him become a big brother and help him learn to take care of the baby my. Sister got my 3yr old nephew a boy babydoll she wants a another baby I think it helps
  • My daughter is one almost two and she loves babies. I can't wait to see her with the baby I think she will still will be jeolous I don't think. Its going to be easy
  • Yea that could work I'm deff going to try that, I'm only 3 weeks and before we go to sleep we all say nite nite to each. Other and all though I'm not showing my husband still tells him to kiss the baby nite nite and he douse.... hopefully all goes well how far long are you?
  • I'm on my third. My son was 2 1/2 when I had my little girl. I got him an Im the big brother book he really liked. And always tried to make him a part of everything. It was His baby coming. And he was going too get to teach the baby lots of fun things.I tried to never make it negative you can't do this Or that, but always tried to put it as I needed his help! He has never been jealous, and can't wait for his new baby to get here! Neither can my daughter!
  • I'm 5 weeks my daughters kisses the belly too its so cute I'm trying to potty trainer her since we have another baby coming
  • @ marina... I am 5 months now
  • @ rajeanea.. congrats! I'm hoping Martin (my son) will also be more ok with it once he sees my belly, I mentioned the baby doll to my husband and he looked at me like I was crazy lol but said it was up to me

@baby2ontheway: yeah you most deff dnt want 2 in diapers I'm tryin w my son but he just refuses and its driving me bonkers lol
  • My daughter will pee but she wont poop she was watching yo gabba gabba with the potty seat right behind her and pooped on my floor OMG she's trying hopefully always there
  • I had my second child 3 n 1/2 yrs later as a stay at home mom too. I bought a new toy for my first to make him feel special on THE DAY but never needed to give it to him. He was in wonder by his new brother:)
  • My brothers wife just had a baby. He already has a son who is almost four now. When my brother told his son that he was gonna get another baby brother he was jealous and got mad, he tried to hide all his toys and all his favorite ppl. But then when the baby came out he became more protected over the baby. So im saying , when the baby arrives he just might come around.
  • I have a 3 yr old daughter from a previous relationship n 6 months along with #2. My daughter is excited to see "Sk" as we nicknamed the baby and rubs my belly every morning. Luckily she just potty trained so it does take time but try to mention the baby everyday eventually they'll warm up to the concept. Good luck.