What should I expect?

edited March 2011 in Military moms
My husband leaves for bootcamp April 11th, and will do his 9wks and 10 wks AIT consecutive. This will put him graduating AIT about 2 weeks before we're due... Should I expect that he'll be able to come for a bit? Will we get our duty station and be able to relocate our family before he has a deployment? What are the chances of a rapid deployment directly out of AIT?

Comments

• Not sure how it is with army but my hubbys navy and after bootcamp he had a graduation which family was allowed to attend after that he had his dive prep which was across from his bootcamp and I got to visit him one weekend a month after 4 mos of that he went down to panama city fl for dive school and I moved there although mil wouldnt pay for the move because it wasn't his duty station after he graduated dive school we immediatley got orders and we had a month to report to va where we are now not sure how it goes with army tho hope I helped a little :)
  • Oh one thing I did learn though is you will do a lot of waiting around and information is never reliable it always changes and that is military in general good luck and congrats on the baby
  • It realy depends on what unit he is asined to after and when they deploy like my hubbie was here for9 months b4 he deploys but some of the new guys just got here a month ago and r deploying to so it just depends on those things wish I could be of more help but after all his training he should get at least 10 days off I think it is and b4 he deploys he will have leave whitc is usaly 18days worth we just got done with his pre deployment leave now waiting for him to deploy in april