plecenta previa

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Anyone else have complete plecenta previa? I'm almost 12 weeks. Is there anything I should worry about? I read it should go away on its own, but I still worry. Any advice?

Comments

• I just was diagnosed with placenta previa and subchrionic hemmorhage today. I'm just over 12 weeks. Dr said I could continue to bleed for at least another month. It typically will repair itself especially if it occurs this early. I'm on pelvic rest now and can't lift anything/do anything strenuous. Its super scary...but baby looks perfect and is growing. I would love to hear some stories with positive outcomes! This is my 3rd baby~ never had this type if thing happen before. Dr said I can come in anytime for a doppler to hear the heartbeat fo peace of mind! :-)
  • As the uterus grows, the placenta SHOULD move away frm your cervix, but if it doesn't, you'll have to have a c section. There isn't anything you can do about it, but you should ask about heavy lifting and sex.
  • I had it with my last baby. Around 36wks I wanted to be grown n have sex cuz my hubby was looking so good I just ( well that's a whole nutha story. Lol ) any way I woke up to a pool of blood n he didn't fully penetrate me. I had to have an emergency c-section but my baby was very healthy.

I'm 11wks now me n hubby r scared out of our mind to have sex until we know where the placenta is.
  • Im 28 weeks & I hve complete placenta previa n ive had it 4r bout 2mnths naw. Da only thng my dctr told me waz no sex.
  • I have placenta previa too, not completely sure if mine is complete or not but my doctor told me absolutely no sex or lifting over 10 lbs. Even a gallon of milk is 8lbs so just use that as a example. But from what I've read a lot of them will move themselves but some don't. Which does mean c section. But I go april 11th to find out more if I find out anything new ill be sure to let ya know. :)
  • I had full pp with with my second and it thankfully moved 1.5 weeks before birth, but I was on bed rest for the last month and modified since diagnoced early in pregnancy.. becides heavy bleeding after coming home from delivery that lasted 3 months, I was fine.. don't lift have gentle sex and rest often.. oh and don't walk too much
  • I found out I have marginal pp at 17 weeks. Ive talked to many aunts and friends and other people who had it and everyone of them said it moved by the time of delivery. My doc said 9 out of 10 times it corrects itself. But not having sex until my next US in may! Goodluck to all of you!