19 month old!(terrible 2's)

My son is OUT OF CONTROL nothing works he doesnt listen to anyone anymore! He keeps throwing horrible fits :( hes hitting biting and kicking now! This just started a few weeks ago he is usually good (just a typical boy) but this is ridiculous. Is it "terrible twos" already? Moms help me get my angel back PLEASE what do we do?

Comments

• My son was bad@ 3...do you do time out? You have to be very constit on it or it does work??
    time works the best for me
  • @Beatrice1436 Time out leads to biting himself and screaming like hes crazy :/ maybe im doing it wrong
  • You have to be on...how long do u do it do it for a minute n a 1/2 ..go by age..my son gets it for 4 mins..if he stomps or screams ..or anything i add time..its helps when ur@ a store..my behaves very good at store..but there r times..if he's bad I still put him n time out..I don't care where were@ I he still gets.
    and does ur son have naps? Sometimes there bad because there grouchy and sleepy?
  • My son will b 2 on March 24 n he waz bein a angel but snce I been preggo he has been actin a fool. He doesn listn, he throws tempr tantrums, & he iz goin backwards nstead of progressing. Idk wat 2 do im 28 weeks n I try 2 b calm/patient wit him but iz getn hard 4r me not 2 snap on him.
  • Terrible Two's begin before they are 2! I don't when it will end but it gets less w/ age. I think we did a lot of time outs and don't try to reason or explain b/c they can't comprehend @ that age.
  • @ kcoolzchic do you know what you having?
  • Ill trade you for my 3.5 year old daughter!
  • @kcoolzchic ..I was thinking its a girl..and out of nowhere my son wasn't listening being bad and he didn't know I was pregnant..so im thinking its a girl..well I hope! ..and my friends lil girl was always bad and not listening and she good and nice to me??
  • I do timeout 2mins. He bites himself and screams to the point of passing out so I have to take him out. I dont believe in spanking" him so maybe if I take a fave toy away or something? :/ idk. Bedtime is also hard now this happened so fast I dont know what happened!
  • I had an incident with my nephew (my last thread I posted today) .. we had him on time oyt, he would cry. Now he just smils and peeks at you. In turn pisses you off more. Lol.
  • @caroline8_p my son laughs when my husband raises his voice with him its aggravating its like haha mommy and daddy I know how to push your buttons :p
  • This house is full of women.. his mom, both grandma's and me.. he listens to my bf the best, its that 'daddy deep voice' he uses. My sister is very impatient with him. I feel she wasn't mature enough to have a baby, she was a jr in hs and 18. But she graduated and walked.. but not ready to be a momma. One grandma spoils him more than the other (the dads mom) . So that makes it harder for my sis to control him how she wants.. but I love my little booger.
  • stop paying attention to him when he acts up, and watch Super Nanny :P Timeouts are only effective if you enforce them, sternly tell him no. If he wants to bite himself for attention, he'll eventually stop when he realizes he's not getting it. Over and over and over you need to enforce that what you say goes, and thats that, and if he's acting up for attention, just ignore it, don't continuously tell him to stop, just sit him in a corner and say no. If he gets up, pick him up, put him back and say no.
  • He bites himself cause he knows you're going to stop him and feel bad for him. Let him do it. Eventually he's going to figure that technique is not working and it'll stop. Let him throw him tantrums in time out and ignore him. I do not have a time limit. I wait til they get tired of screaming then ill let them out. Yea, its heart breaking but at least they'll learn to be good after a couple rounds.
  • My mom watches that, my sis works evenings.
  • my sons the same age and has been going thru this same phase- hes super super stubborn but the important thing is to stick to it! no matter how big a fit, if he bites himself or makes himself throw up or whatever leave him there until he sits quietly. it may literally take days of him sitting in the corner for hours before he realizes that he isnt going to win. if he throws up, clean him up and put him back. if he screams and passes out go to him, when he comes around tell him hes still in time out and walk away. this is a battle of endurance! he has to know that you arent going to give up. i believe in spanking but i wont spank my son for hitting/kicking because it doesnt make sense to say dont hit then hit him, but with doing the timeouts we've made progress, but it was a few days of hell. do the time out in the same area of your house each time, no toys, no tv a safe area where u can peak in but dont stay and hover either- u may have to put him back a hundred times before he stays on his own but you have to stick to it. we just went thru the bedtime battle and since i dont do cry it out i slept in his room holding his hand on the floor for a few nights while he adjusted, then id sit and not hold his hand, then eventually we'd go to this room and hed lay down and be asleep within ten minutes and i was in my own bed. there were times hed wake up every hour, the first two nights he kept trying to get out of bed but i just had to put him back and tell him to lay down and wed hold hands...must have said that a billion times lol but eventually he got used to the routine- i still go in one or two times a night if he wakes and just tell him all is ok and to lay down and he does and goes right back to sleep. this was after months of trying all sorts of other techniques to get him on a bedtime routine and sleeping in his room.
  • my son is almost two in a half and omg he worked my nerves tonight.i don't know how many things he threw tonight and told me no!!!!! a handful.... tonight caused for a bud light 24 more wks 24 more wks I can taste it now lol
  • @blessed1508 dont you just hate the word NO! ughhh...
  • @carolone8_p I know how the spoiling thing goes :/ @michelya I love super nanny :) @jcmommy thank you. I was not expecting this to happen?
  • @carolyntx that was well said lol my mom told me to "bust his a**" but like you said what good would thay do??? @blessed1508 haha my friend asked me to come drinking with her to take a break so I was like hmmm are you forgetting something lol
  • @michellelannan yeah my friends have worst memory than me I have to behind them I am pregnant lol @carolyntx. oh how I hate that word lol
  • @blessed1580 I know its so strange how people just forget haha my cousin told me "i sure was gaining alot of weight" so.i told her MAYBE because im pregnant which you knew lol