Can anyone relate? I need comforted about my pipeline life.

I'm 19 going on twenty and bd is working pipeline construction, aka the gypsy pipeline because we travel with the work. We are just now getting seriously involved and I am terrified doing this pregnant, but the money is the only way we can manage preparation for our expecting child, I've never been this scared in my life! I'm going to be very lonely, husband working extreme labor in ungodly hours, only one day off a week, no family, no familiar friends, far from home and can't do anything about it until we can get an education. What a marriage/family!

Comments

• My fiance is a certified commercial diver. He used to work underwater construction and it was crazy hours but not too far away. He'd be gone for 1-2 weeks at a time or all over night and not get home till after sunrise. Its rough but the money was good. I know how u feel!
  • I come from a pipeline family and my s/o is now getting into the same business... its so tough but the $$ is so good! Are y'all in Louisiana now?
  • It's so hard being strong right now. Work has my heart (partner) in another state, I'm alone at night in our bed. This doesn't feel right. He missed our first ultrasound, I know he wanted to be there. Crying privately. Think it takes a toll on the relationship? Do you get use to the loneliness? @gracie louisiana was a dud for us, he started in pennsylvania yesterday. Are you out there now?
  • @praying I hope the toll on relationship question isn't too personal, I'm severely wondering. =)
  • Where at in PA? Im here too!
  • @myowncomment Sincerely not severely!
  • He's not doing itnow but it does take a toll. We were both miserable bc we never saw each other and have been inseparable from the beginning. We worked it out tho, its all about communication! Good luck ladies!!
  • @praying that helps a lot. Thank you.
  • Oh ok. Im about 2hrs away from there...
    Hard job but new construction and new pay. My hubs was and the military and i know what its like to miss him.....we weren't preggo though
  • My husband works full time & goes to college full time, and when he's home, he's exhausted, grumpy & still has to find time to study. Some days I feel like a single parent & I hate it... but we have to live like this for a while so we can have a better life later. I understand your lonliness & being scared. This is our 2nd child, so I'm at least glad I'm not going through this completely alone. Hang in there! :)
  • We're actually at home right now he's working a job about 45 miles from the house but it'll be over in the next couple weeks and we're looking at Wisconsin, Louisiana, or further north in Texas which is our home state. But I'm supposed to start my nursing program in August and deliver late.October so I can't travel with him past July this year :( my step dad's been in Louisiana for about 18 months now straight its six hours away so sometimes he drives in but I've seen my mom go without seeing him for months! The way we look at it is u do it while u can while kids aren't in school and your young enough to keep up with the hours, save like crazy and get out. Its a stepping stone and not permanent... the distance is hard but if your relationship is strong it works.
  • We're together now! Thanks ladies, you made me feel so much better!