...idk what to do...

edited March 2011 in Second pregnancy
I'm in a though situaltion, I'm about to turn 20 in June, I have a 2yr Old, my contract is over in july and I don't think we can renuee it because they have the house for sale. I'm due in Aug. I keep telling the hubby to just get an appartment. But he is stubburn and wants to buy a house, with what money idk. We can bearly afford rent and bills and he wants to buy a house...
I just don't know what else to do to make him understand we need something we can afford and not something he wants!..

Comments

• Oh man...good luck with that one...my hubby is the exact same way with everything! I guess they think we can just pull mny out of our butts or something! They don't understand we are already stressed....and doing things we can't afford stresses us out more!
  • @Quintana_britney, yes, its so fustrating! I'm already stressed enuff over rent its due on the 20th wich is tomorrow. And then he wants to cut off our cell phones and everthing else! I feel like I'm going crazy.
  • I bet the best thing you could do is have him talk to a realtor or take a first time homebuyers class. You'll be able to find out how much of a mortgage you qualify for and see what houses are in your price range. Then one of two things will happen:

You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you can afford, depending on what you're already paying in rent and what kind of loans you qualify for, you might be able to buy for a similiar payment as rent.

Or more likely, he'll see that what's in his price range is a bunch of junk and he'll listen to you about waiting.
  • Girl for us rent was due on the first.. We haven't paid...and he wants to go to the swap and shop and shop now! But ofcourse if I say no...and tell him I want to save it for rent...he's going to act like a brat and get pissed off...which will make me mad...and honestly I like to enjoy my rare happy moments...and now he's telling me to hurry up and get dressed...ugh
  • Has he even talked to a bank or realities *sp* yet? Dedending on what he's looking for a mortgage can be cheeper then rent but if you can't get a loan none of it matters
  • @Quintana_britney, It fusttrates me how men take everything so easy
    @laura536, he'd always sais he wants to do a whole bunch of things and at the end he ends up doing nothing and wasting the little we have on god knows what but not rent or bills.
  • I know how that goes. Buying a house is kind of a long involved, process. It takes a couple of months, so I would just start looking for apartments, lol, and then when he wastes all your time, you'll be calm and prepared. Hope things work out for you! I'd hate to move while I was pregnant.
  • We are renting a crapy apartment. We have bad credit so we can't by a house even if we could aford it. I'm hopig to find out I'm pregnant on Tuesday and if I'm not then hopefully next month. That would make baby come december or january. Our lease is up sept. And I don't want to stay here. My best friend is pregnant and she is moving an hour away from me. So I don't know either. Good luck to you. I feel for you though. Every time I'm pregnant I have to move.
  • @laura536, thats what I'm hopeing to do get an apt then with next yrs income return HOPEFULLY get out house!
    @fmcneal, its hard to live somewhere you don't feel confterble. I love my little house but unfortunatly need to move into something bigger cause even if we COULD stay here it will be IMPOSIBLE to fit another crib without having to send my son into the laundry room :(