Hubby Being Discharged

edited March 2011 in Military moms
My hubby left 2 weeks ago for Air Force basic training. He called last night and said he was being discharged and is coming home. They are really strict on their weight requirements, and we knew that, but wasn't worried because he was under them. I guess last week they weighed and measured everyone (his weight limit for his height was 208) and he weighed 208, having gained 7 pounds since he got there. The problem was his measurements were too big, an inch and a half more than they allow. So... He's coming home. My question is: is it bad that I'm so happy? I mean, this was his dream but the timing was horrible.

Comments

• Not at all bad you're happy :] just encourage him to train at home and re-enlist after baby comes?
  • He said that he could re-enlist in 6 months. But he misses me and our kids so much he doesn't think he'll be able to.
    I'm just glad he at least gave it a shot, now he won't have to worry about looking back and wondering what if...
  • Yeah that's true. Well he can come home and get in some quality time and then re-enlist :] dreams are never too far outta reach!
  • My husband was suppose to leave for the army training on march 2nd. But something went wrong with his app so he has to re enlist also in six months. Im glad he didnt leave yet cuz im pregnant. Then he said june hes signing up again. Im due in sept how bout he wont make, it back in time :(
  • @MrsThompson34 I'm sorry, maybe he can wait until after baby is born? It's hard, I'll be though of you! I'm also due in September. :)
  • At first he did say he would wait but now he said he has to do it for us. Glad ur hubby is coming home. Im due sept 29 how about u
  • @MrsThompson34 I'm due September 2