help. fever.

edited March 2011 in Health
Im 8 months pregnant and i wanna know if a high fever can hurt my baby.

Comments

• Take some tylenol and maybe drink something like gatorade. At 8 months preg it should affect the baby. But i am no dr. If ur too concerned call ur doc.
  • Fevers are never good. Take some tylenol drink plenty of clear liquids. If fever won't break contact your doctor.
  • Agreed, pop some tylenol and call the dr! Feel better
  • i would just go to the hospital.
  • How high is the fever? If it is between 102 or 103, I would advise you to call your doctor. They will advise you on whether or not you need to come in immediately or wait it out. (At 103, however, I would personally advise you to go ahead and head to the Emergency Room or call an ambulance; a temperature of 103 or above the sign of a potentially dangerous infection.)

In the meantime, drink Gatorade to replace the electrolytes you may be losing to dehydration, and take Tylenol. A lukewarm bath will also help bring down the fever.
  • The problem is that my bf's car has a bad tire and were half an hour away from the hospital. Also my insurance makes us pay 75 for going to the er and we dont have it right now.
  • A temp of over 103 can be fatal to your baby so do whatever you have to do to get it taken care of. Good luck.