donating an egg $$$

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I hear u get alot of money for doing tht.,. Has anyone ever..? And how du u feel about it? Because it is like giving ur baby up....right?....

Comments

• Its the same wen men give up sperm. They pay u about 8grand for your eggs. I saw it in a ad. I never did it. But if a woman decides to do it I think its gteat for woman who cant concieve kids
  • Idk, but I do no u have to be super healthy and qualify under a lot of regulations. I personally don't thing its giving up a baby, its not fertilized, and ur putting it to a great cause. A lot of women r impregnanted that way.
  • I would love Tu do it but u no u can give ur egg to some one Tu carry for u if ur not. Healthy enough and the baby will come out the same as if u actually carried it..... Thts y I said its giving ur baby up because it has ur genes blood chromosomes everything @mzmommy1st I may b wrong but I no its something like tht I learned in psych class
  • For 8 grand I wud do it, I'm young and healthy, and I no I can concieve. I wud love the thought that I'm helping somone to have a miricle and to experience. This wonderful gift growing. Cuz it is. Women have a lot of eggs why not help out to the unfortunet.
  • Having a serogate mother is very very expensive though and u have to find someone that qulifys and that u trust to carry an embreyo for you. Its a pain if u think about it
  • I've read detailed articles on this subject & very few women qualify because of all the screenings & tests you have to pass. It's also not an easy thing to go through. You take numerous medications that overload your hormones so at the right time when you ovulate you release a bunch of eggs instead of just 1. There are also a long list of restrictions that you have to obey by while during the time period all this is taking place. It's a lengthy procedure & stressful as well.
  • Wow that's prolly why they pay u so much, tah men have it easy if they want to donate. Lol
  • I would totally do it. Not just for the money, but to help a woman who can't otherwise have children.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Do men get paid too?
  • I'm Actually going to do it after this babies born. I would love to be a surrogate but would feel I would get attached. This is the next best thing
  • I'm goin Tu ask doctor
  • And Its not an egg its like 30 eggs at a time
  • Sheeshhhh
  • My Bf has said no.... n that I m out of my rabbit ass mind ctfu exact words because it is like having a baby by some one else
  • I donated eggs to my sister and it did not work :-( I gave 31 eggs and 28 were big enough and 22 were fertilized. But she only had 4 that the could use. The first two didn't work but the 2nd worked but she ended up having a miscarriage at 5 weeks. :-( now I'm pregnant with my second....
    I donated in October of 2010. And I just found out I am due November 2011....
  • Men get like $25-$100 per donation
  • I was chosen for egg donation after a couple interviews and blood tests, however a couple also has to chose you for the donation process to begin. I was not chosen by a couple, but if I had been, its quite the process. Hormone injections daily for months until you and the women are on the same cycle then they extract your eggs hours before they are implanted in the women. You receive the money only if viable eggs are found. If the eggs are not viable then the process begins all over again. The side effects of the hormones cause severe mood swings, weight gain, fatigue and head aches. It's really rough on the body and can cause these side effects for months after you are off the hormones. It's a big decision because the process can affect you and everybody around you. Not to mention, only 1 out of 100 applicants is chosen to make it just to the interview step, then only a select few are chosen to be an option for couples.