Scared of labor pains

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
Euhm, this is a weird question because I'm not even pregnant yet, but I am very scared of labor pains. I really want to be pregnant and have a baby, but the pains are stressing me out. My pain tolerance is zero, so I'm afraid I won't make it. I want to try natural, but maybe thats not the best option for me. Anybody else feeling scared and what do you do about it?

Comments

• Hi, Scarlet this is my second pregnancy I was the same way but once you are in labor and you can't take it anymore the pain meds are there for comfort
  • It just feels like you really have to poop. Epidurals are great. With my first I had an epidural at 8 cm, bc I wanted to try natural but couldn't. With my second I had her natural, and with my third I'm going to have it natural. The epidural gets rid of the labor pain so you can sleep.
  • At the begining of my pregnancy I was so scared. At one point I locked myself in the shower and just cried after watching a labor video on youtube. I was very scared. Now I say 'bring it on'. I'm ready to pop this kid out. I want my body back and mostly, I can't wait to hold my baby. I think its normal to be worried of scared but then you hit a point where your just ready to do what ever and get it over with for that life time reward.
  • I didn't have time for anything with my first. He was preemie so They tried more to keep him in than anything. No pain meds wasn't as bad as I thought. I have a high tolerance though. But there are so many options for pain management.