the best time to have a baby...just for fun

edited March 2011 in Getting pregnant
I am currently TTC an dif i was sucessful this cycle would be due smack in the middle of the holiday season. A baby at anytime during the year would no doubt be a huge blessing, but i cant help it that i would be ok if this month was a no-go. my mother (who had five children all at different times during the year) says that its preferrable to have a spring baby- she says you arent big pregnant during the summer and dont have a teeny baby during the harsh sickly winter.
So I was wondering...when do you moms of many think the best time of year to give birth is??? (i know it's not controlable, just a fun question)

Comments

• I have enjoyed all the seasons, but winter is my least favorite. 5his is my 4th and will b a fall baby, i have a 2 yr born in the winter, a 4yr @ the tail end of spring, and a 6 yr old in the middle of summer.
  • when was your favorite? my mom had babies in march, june, august, october and dec. she said march was the best
  • I would say my spring baby but ain't had my fall baby yet so that my b my favorite
  • that's what i figured :) congrats on the new babies on the way!
    ive heard that it's miserable to be huge in the dead of winter and miserable in the heat of summer. Im thinking summer'd be worse
  • Depends on the summer if it is like the 1 we had 2yrs ago sign me up we had mayb a weeks worth of HOT days but mostly cool and comfortable days. Winter sometimes scares me bc i am clumsy and fall and did w all of my other pregnancies so this 1 maybe a joy bc no bad weather except rain
  • Well im down in texas where it can be blistering hot...and i so feel you with the clumsiness1 Were your falls ok?
  • I agree with your mother! When I was ttc that's when I wanted shoot for but it didn't go as quickly as I planned and we now have a July baby. I'm from Florida so it gets very hot and humid then. Its getting in the 80s now. I'm a little bit miserable.
  • I have an April baby, I loveddd the seasons I was pregnant in, and had time to lose some lbs before it got overly hot in july-sept.
  • Yes they were but scary no the less w oldest i fell 6 times will middle i fell 5 and the youngest i fell four times. So far w this 1 i have fallen once but b4 i knew i was pregnant
  • Well i wanted to ttc in feb so i can have a bby in oct..i live n vegas..and the weather is perfect for parties and anything!! But im one month early so due Sept. 22 which by the way is HOT!!
  • Well i wanted to ttc in feb so i can have a bby in oct..i live n vegas..and the weather is perfect for parties and anything!! But im one month early so due Sept. 22 which by the way is HOT!! And my son was born n dec..which its soo hard to have parties because its soo cold..yea I kinda planed around weather here..but as you know plans sometimes don't happen :)
  • Well I'm due in November which answered I live is like right at the beginning of winter here so idk thus is my first child
  • Id take a christmas baby... everyones in a good mood around the holidays. I had feb babies and aug. Id take winter over summer. Spring would probably b nice cause u can still lose the baby weight b4 summer. ;) a baby at anytime is great tho. :)