geting ready for first deploymet and due in july

edited March 2011 in Military moms
My husband is deploying this april so I have like 2 more weeks ad he won't be there for the birth anyone have advice on how to deal with this? I'm ging home for the birth but still hate that he won't be there for the birth sence he did this to me.. lol

Comments

• Oh hun, im sorry. My husband is in the army and he is currently in the in his deployment in afghan too. He wont be here for any baby doctor visit but he is getting out this summer in june officially so he will be here for the birth. Hun everything will be fine, he knows you are a strong women.
  • :( Im sorry sweety...I feel you though. My situation is kind of similiar and thats why Ive been trying to reach out to other army wives because we have to help each other through it!! My husband is deploying for training, coming home for a couple months Im due June 19th then hes deploying August 1st. i am scared but I know that I am strong enough to get through this and in a larger aspect my husband and I have YEARS to come and one year out the possible decades together is small, just another experience to get through together! :) Stay strong it will all be okay!
  • Thank you ladys helps to know that im not alone, im cumming to turms with him leaving now just not sure ill feel the same when r son gets here
  • I find it odd the c.o.c isn't putting them on rear d until the baby arrives.
  • They were but decided they need him over there and I have to go throw red cross when im in labor so they cant start to get him home to see the baby
  • If you know your due date they should schedule r&r around that.
  • Not only that but no self respecting commander would let a service member miss the birth of their child. My husband was put on rear d because of how close my due date is compared to when they go down range.
  • There ganna try to get him back but they told me no garantee sence they deploy april 19 and he would have to be back by the end of june. So they rather send him after the birth and he will get more time with the baby rather then risk sending him b4 and the baby come after he leaves its the army so not supricedby it lol
  • It has nothing to do with the army. It seems like his commander is not very nice. What is your husbands rank?
  • @momma2be1990 yep yours must be in 4-1? Well no darlin I always misconstrue dates on thats stuff on public forums because of OPSEC. But its around that time and no we have yet to get a specific date on deployment either but I know its in August for sure.
  • and I agree with you @iheartmykiddo they should allow him to be put on rear since its so close to your due date which means he wouldnt leave till the end of September typically.
  • My husbands unit is keeping him on rear d 2 months after the baby is born so he can spend time with him. You really should talk to them about rear d
  • I wish you luck though hun. I know its gotta be stressful.
  • Ugh im in the same boat...due Aug 18th he leaves August 5th:( Just surround yourself w family and friends and take the help when offered. So hard on us..but for them also, I made the comment to him..well she will be walking when you get back...made him cry..made me feel like crap:(
  • Yeah I'm also in the same boat...my husband is deploying in may and I'm due in july...he won't see the birth or be there for the first the months...there's even a chance he won't be back for xmas so I'm extremly sad but I will be going back home to my family once he leaves
  • @tayloranddreat, when r u due in july and ur lucky he might be home forxmas myn won't till next april unless it gets extended but I know how you feel
  • July 1st and yeah he said he's might get extended...just a lil happy I won't b alone thou
  • Thats awsome im due july 3 not alot of early july babys if ya need any one to talk to im here sence were in the same kinda boat
  • yes i do! this is my first pregnancy and to b honest i am alittle bit nerves lol
  • myn too i just try not to think about it that way i dont have to be nervas lol altho i know when i get closer ill be freaking out, thank goodness for going home and haven my mom there for me
  • Yes I kno...this is taylorandreat lol mess up wit the first account...but I really wish he could b here when our lil man is born
  • yeah same here but its there dumb job that pays the bills that takes them away lol
  • lol yeah I kno....gotta love the military
  • My husband left today, im due in November. They said he will not be able to come home early for the birth.
  • @sands3 sorry to hear that, i still have another week with my hubbie b4 hes gone
  • I'm sorry too. It is hard, just have to stay positive. This is my second deployment and its not any easier. Just keep yourself busy.
  • yeah i plan to lol but ill be back home worrying about getting everything ready for the baby if i use the out of sight out of mind its easyer to be apart i find
  • Yup. I'm selling our house now and moving home. I think it does help to be away and with family. I think I'll go crazy if I stay cuz I have a 3 yr old already. Lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.