Well that's it...he's gone! :(

edited March 2011 in Military moms
My other half joined the royal marines (uk) 2 years ago and this is his first tour, he is now on a flight to afghanistan and I'm so upset. I understand it's what he signed up for and I know people say the time flies...but when you're 7 weeks pregnant as well it will probably drag. Every day I'll be dreading a phone call from his mum/dad as they're his next of kin, telling me the worst... The royal marines are the elite, they only go front of front line, close isn't the word. I just pray that he comes back safe and ready to have our engagement party in jul during his r&r, as he proposed just before he went. Sad times :'(

Comments

• My husband is a marine here in the us. I know exactly how you feel. I think the best thing is to not let your mind got to that dark place. Do not worry about or dwell on what could happen that would be devastating. I believe in God and pray his protective hand to be on my husband but ultimately know that his life is in gods hands. Even if you dont i think being positive and sending your positive and optimistic thought out will make you feel better. I know this time must be so so hard! But there are people out there who you can talk to about it! Focus on the positive and keep your chin up! :) stay busy and the time will go faster!
  • My husband was a Marine and deployed to Afghan. It was scary. But I had a great support system. He is home now. We are pregnant with boy number 2. :) time will fly!
  • You'll be in my prayers .. hell make it back and ur very strong woman to be in ur circumstance wish u and ur new family luck hell come back fine
  • Thnx @mommytoboy2 and @sas_edwards it's always good to know that somebody else has been through it. It's so hard because you want to protect them from harm, but you can't, it's down to him and his team... I can't wait for him to come bk in july for two weeks though because I have no belly at the mo and when he comes bk I'll have a bump and a kicker in there! :))
  • Thanx @tarahh that's very sweet of you. I hope you're right :)
  • Aw! That's so great he'll get to see you and your belly! So many military dads don't get that! Do youknow if there's a possibility for him to be there for the birth?
  • Yes @sas_edwards he'll be home about 1 month before he/she is born. And is home until 2 months after...pretty good timing really :)