one positive two negative...help!

edited January 2011 in Pregnancy symptoms
Im 19 and I took three pregnancy tests and the first one came out positive and the second two came our negative...what does this mean? Should I take another test? Am I pregnant/no pregnant? Any advice helps!

Comments

• That is strange to have a pos and then 2 negatives. You can have a false negative. You're best bet is to go to the Dr and get a blood test. Good luck
  • I would go see you dr. That way you can get a straight answer. Some women need a blood test to find out if they r pregnant.
  • Well I moved away from home so I don have a doctor here but I called two places and they sadistic that if I went that it would be a regular urine test, even after I told them about the one + and two -, and I wont be able to go back home for another while..
  • And I meant said* sorry this auto txt stuff sucks
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well my period is horribly irregular I can have one from 14-31 days so im gonna wait for the 31 days to go by and try again...how common are false positives?
  • False positives are very rare, the pregnancy hormone had to be in your urine in a high enough amount to register. But false negatives are fairly common. Did you take the one that was positive in the morning and the ones that were negative later in the day?
  • City health departments will do a blood test if you request it, its common for alot to have a blood test. I would do what the other ladies said previously and test in the am your first morning p
  • Before I found out I was pregnant I took 6 home tests and they ALL said negative! even the one I took the night before I went to the doctor! The test at the doctor said negative AND positive so they did blood work and that's how I found out. My period was a month and a half late when my test were saying no.
  • I took the positive one at night but I hadn't drank, eaten, or urinated 8 hrs before because i had slept all day and the other two the next day in the morning...and i don't have a doc here but I called some clinics and they told me that I should go after I have missed an actual period and that their gonna do a urine test which really irritated me because I can do a urine test at home for cheaper!!

Oh and idk if this makes a difference but I used the e.p.t. pregnancy tests.
  • P.s. and I did inform the clinics about the positive and negatives...
  • Wait a couple of days then take a digital
  • All three were digital...
  • Its More than likely u r pregnant u might not have alot of hormonos in ur wee!
  • I took like 4 pregnancy test all of em saying not pregnant but haven't seen my period in this month is there anyone out there to help me or answer my question